Search Unity

Isometric character and camera movement

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by littlelingo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. littlelingo

littlelingo

I am looking at building an isometric game and was wondering if anyone had any examples etc. on accomplishing this within Unity.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-- Clint

2. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Isometric how? If you want to make a 2D game like starcraft, there are a lot better things for that then unity. I can't really give you good advice without more information.

The isometric camera style would be easy in unity, but I don't understand why you would do it that way if you are making a 3D game.

3. Morgan

Morgan

Aside from retro-cool, I suppose iso lets you have full 3D shading and effects, yet still have a precisely limited view grid, which could be part of the strategy.

As for HOW, I think you just check the box "Is Orthographic" for the camera, and enter the ortho size in the box. Position and move the camera in whatever way works for your game.

4. littlelingo

littlelingo

The full intent is to actually move between 1st and 3rd person depending on the type of quest/task the user is required to accomplish.

My thoughts were the user would move around mostly in the 3rd perspective and then at times with certain types of tasks it will move into a 1st person presepective.

Hope that provides more information.

Thanks!

-- Clint