Search Unity

Isometric 2.5D Toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BlackMat, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

2. invadererik

invadererik

any chance you have an update with more awesome sorting ? I have a few little items that flicker in my game, if the character stands in certain spots, would be cool to see if the new sorting stuff fixes it !

3. guinea6

guinea6

can this tools works for any tiles that not-cube-shaped or an organic shaped tiles?
    like ex. this tiles and make the floor boundary follow an organic shape

thanks

4. BlackMat

BlackMat

Only if you place this image to background for isometric world, because isometric sorting working only for "cube-shaped"

5. BlackMat

BlackMat

You can check why it happens... Maybe one object enters into another and other problem. (especially if you use physics)

6. exlineo

exlineo

Hye,
    Your project gives examples, the scene01 has problems in Unity 5.5.
    I've imported asset in 2D project and launched the scene (01). The player and monsters felt with gravity parameters. Without gravity, the moves wih arrows are not stopped, the player moves to collision without any stop. The console display warnings on collisions :
    Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoRigidbody.cs(141,20): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Rigidbody.useConeFriction' is obsolete: `Cone friction is no longer supported.'
    Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoRigidbody.cs(138,47): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Rigidbody.useConeFriction' is obsolete: `Cone friction is no longer supported.'
    Assets/IsoTools/Tiled/Internal/Editor/TiledMapAssetEditor.cs(82,18): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Renderer.useLightProbes' is obsolete: `useLightProbes property is deprecated. Use lightProbeUsage instead.'

Did you plan to correct these errors ?
    Thank you in advance.

7. BlackMat

BlackMat

Of course. In next version I'll fix it warnings. Unity updates so often. :(

8. exlineo

exlineo

Could you give me any clue to solve the keyboard moves : I push on time on an arrow and the player don't stop before to hit a collider.
    Thank you

9. BlackMat

BlackMat

I can't reproduce this problem. My steps:
    1) new unity project
    2) import Isometric 2.5D Toolset from Asset Store
    3) fix gravity direction (Edit->Project Settings->Physics to (X: 0 Y: 0 Z: -9.81) )
    4) open Assets/IsoTools/Examples/Scenes/Scene01
    5) play :) all is good :)

I have tried it on 5.5.1 Unity.

10. guinea6

guinea6

so it would work when i create world like this?
    the world is the orange grid

Attached Files:

• like.jpg
      like.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
  11. BlackMat

BlackMat

Of course! It's will work :)

12. exlineo

exlineo

Thank you, it was there, gravity on Z...

BlackMat likes this.
  13. exlineo

exlineo

I didn't found an isoraycast code but finally I succeed so here's an effective way :

IsoRaycastHit hit ;
    Ray ray = isoWorld.RayFromIsoCameraToIsoPoint(isoWorld.MouseIsoPosition());

if(isoWorld.Raycast(ray, out hit)){
    if (hit.collider != null){
    GameObject cible = hit.collider.gameObject;
    Debug.Log(hit.collider.gameObject.name);
    }
    }

14. BlackMat

BlackMat

Yes, it's right way. Also you can look at code in example (AlienDestroyer.cs)

15. exlineo

exlineo

Dear Blackmat,
    You do well with your support so, if you agree, I'd like to ask another question for drag n drop.
    I've this code, trying to set a drag with IsoObject position for coordinates but it doesn't work :
    // A function in the update function
    void DragObj(GameObject obj){
    distanceObj = Vector3.Distance(obj.GetComponent<IsoObject>().position, Camera.main.transform.position);

IsoRaycastHit hit ;
    Ray ray = isoWorld.RayFromIsoCameraToIsoPoint(isoWorld.MouseIsoPosition());
    Debug.Log(ray.GetPoint(distanceObj));

obj.GetComponent<IsoObject>().position = ray.GetPoint(distanceObj);
    }
    Thank you in advance for any clue.

16. BlackMat

BlackMat

You can use something like this for drag object:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var iso_object = GetComponent<IsoObject>();
    2. var iso_z = iso_object.positionZ;
    3. iso_object.position = isoWorld.MouseIsoPosition(iso_z);

17. BlackMat

BlackMat

18. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

I installed and multiple errors occur, reverting back to previous version. Addons had to be put into the plugin folder for it to work and after there is still errors from Tiledmap.cs

19. BlackMat

BlackMat

It's normal because I changed many things in plugin and sorting. Its major update, be careful (!). TiledMap support temporarily removed because it has many problem. Look at changelog.

20. exlineo

exlineo

So, do we have to delete de folder Tiled ?

21. BlackMat

BlackMat

Physics functions moved to IsoPhysics from IsoWorld.
    TiledMap not included in new version.
    Also now IsoObject must be child of IsoWorld (for multiple IsoWorld support in one scene)

Best way for update: remove all old plugin version files and import new. (Because some file not exist in new version)

22. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

@blackmat I deleted all previous isotools files and errors are still showing up. The tiled script still exist but its broken, therefore it needs to be removed. The Addon folder had to be placed with the rest of the plugin. Overall it did not seem stable.

23. BlackMat

BlackMat

Because it' tiled scripts from previous version! It's not supported now, remove all previous version and all will be OK. I promise :)

24. Braza

Braza

Hi! After update I'm getting 999+ errors:"GetComponent requires that the requested component 'IsoWorld' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface."
    in IsoBehavior for
    Code (CSharp):
    2.       protected IsoWorld FindFirstActiveWorld() {
    3.             IsoWorld ret_value = null;
    4.             GetComponentsInParent<IsoWorld>(false, _tempWorlds);
    5.             for ( int i = 0, e = _tempWorlds.Count; i < e; ++i ) {
    6.                 var iso_world = _tempWorlds[i];
    7.                 if ( iso_world.IsActive() ) {
    8.                     ret_value = iso_world;
    9.                     break;
    10.                 }
    11.             }
    12.             _tempWorlds.Clear();
    13.             return ret_value;
    14.         }

25. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi Braza! Its major update, you should delete old version of plugin before update and all will be OK :)

26. Braza

Braza

I've deleted the whole folder from Project although I still face the issue. I've also cleared the solution from MSVS.
    Anything I missed?

Full stack:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: GetComponent requires that the requested component 'IsoWorld' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface.
    2. UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponentsInParent[IsoWorld] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 results) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:176)
    3. UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInParent[IsoWorld] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 results) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComponentBindings.gen.cs:142)
    4. IsoTools.Internal.IsoBehaviour`1[T].FindFirstActiveWorld () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoBehaviour.cs:35)
    5. IsoTools.Internal.IsoObjectBase.Internal_RecacheIsoWorld () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoObjectBase.cs:21)
    6. IsoTools.Internal.IsoObjectBase.get_isoWorld () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoObjectBase.cs:37)
    7. IsoTools.IsoObject.FixTransform () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoObject.cs:211)
    8. IsoTools.IsoObject.Awake () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoObject.cs:283)
    Thanks!

27. BlackMat

BlackMat

Try something like this steps:
    1) Delete IsoTools folder
    2) Close Unity
    3) Delete "Library" folder
    4) Open Unity
    5) Install new version IsoTools

I think this error is due to missing scripts or something like that. Also you can create a new project and make sure that everything is fine.

28. Braza

Braza

Assets->Reimport all did the job. Thanks!

BlackMat likes this.
  29. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

Finally got it working! Thanks!
    Question : I want to get the isoobject at a specific iso position, how would you do this?

30. BlackMat

BlackMat

Raycast for example (if you have physics) or any structure of your game map. (it depend on type of game)

31. alpineboarder

alpineboarder

v3.0 Request: in a future update can you make having multiple IsoWorlds optional, without forcing us to use the new parent/child hierarchy in every case?

Not only does this mess with existing game project hierarchies, but it's the most annoying when not being able to place prefabs easily on the map because it needs to be put onto the IsoWorld parent. You have to find the object in the hierarchy, then find the isoWorld object, then drag it as a child, but then it completely gets moved from where you wanted it originally - arg!

I'm loving the improved Physics functions, and better sorting, but the multiple Worlds feature is very intrusive and forces big changes for how rarely it's needed in projects. Thanks!

32. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

Hello again. Now that we have v3 working we really appreciate the improvement. One thing tough, and it's a big thin, we noticed huge performance issues when using game objects with animated spritesheets as I so object. And I really mean huge issue, for example 200 of those animation will still obtain a 30 to 45 fps on an old android phone while 40 of them will make the fps drop to 5 to 15 if they have is objects attached. Any idea why? Any calculations that you do continuously or something? Thank you. Ps : it's only the case on complex animated objects, rendering tons of simple objects renders fine otherwise.

33. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! Send minimal project with performance problems and I will fix it.

34. guinea6

guinea6

i just bought the set, it's simplify my works. i want to ask,
    how to setting layer for 3D character like shown in demo?
    which setting i should do?
    all items on my scene are on same layer high

35. BlackMat

BlackMat

Simple set "mode 3d" for IsoObject with 3d model :) And it's will sort correctly.

36. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

I'll try but could you just point me in the right direction or tell me what's bein executed every frame? I can't send u much, it's a fairly big commercial game that we are making

37. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

We tried packaging you a small project but the plugin fails... Creating an empty project, importing your asset, creating an isoworld and an isoobject inside and we get this error :

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: GetComponent requires that the requested component 'IsoObject' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface.
    2. UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponentsInChildren[IsoObject] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 results) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:142)
    3. UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[IsoObject] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 result) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComponentBindings.gen.cs:98)
    4. IsoTools.Internal.IsoWorldBase.RecacheIsoObjectWorlds () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoWorldBase.cs:15)
    5. IsoTools.Internal.IsoWorldBase.OnEnable () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoWorldBase.cs:60)
    6. IsoTools.IsoWorld.OnEnable () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoWorld.cs:406)
    So before we fix the performance issue, I guess we have to fix this problem too.

Thanks

38. alpineboarder

alpineboarder

Getting this same error myself, except it's whenever I close my project and re-open it.
    Running Reimport All fixes it, but only until project is re-opened again.

UPDATE: Deleting IsoTools folder, closing Unity, and then deleting the Project's Library folder did it. I just reimported IsoTools and all good now!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  39. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

The error dissapeared and then reappeared later. Our project gets corrupted by similar errors, always something to have to do with isoworld not deriving from monobehavior. Can we expect a quick fix for this? I am unsure if it's related we also have Memory Stream corrupted error since importing version 3 of the toolkit. These error show up at the same time we start getting errors about the toolkit itself so they seem connected.

40. BlackMat

BlackMat

I will looking for it problem. Strange problem and error message :( And yes this problem has appeared in the latest version.

41. BlackMat

BlackMat

So, I found mistake. It look like unity serialization bug. I'll try to fix it tomorrow and send patch for this.

42. kosukito

kosukito

Hi, I just bought the Asset and i realize now that the Tiled support is missing... i bought it for that feature, do you have a idea when you will implement it? ty...

43. BlackMat

BlackMat

Yes, in new major release TiledMap support is temporary missing.

In the near future! In 2-3 weeks I think.

44. Anemor2000

Anemor2000

Any luck? It is being a major hassle in our production line.
    Thanks for your efforts.

45. kosukito

kosukito

I don't get it, i see the sprites video using guide, and it says to put the isoWorld to the Main Camara, but when i do that and put the isoObject to the object that i'm making for the tile, the script says Detached isoObject need to be child of isoWorld, and when i put the isoWorld Script int the tile object solve the problem, it works... do i need to put the two scripts on every TileObject?, oh and
    ArgumentException: GetComponent requires that the requested component 'IsoObject' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponentsInChildren[IsoObject] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 results) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:142)
    UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[IsoObject] (Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 result) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComponentBindings.gen.cs:98)
    IsoTools.Internal.IsoWorldBase.RecacheIsoObjectWorlds () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoWorldBase.cs:15)
    IsoTools.Internal.IsoWorldBase.OnEnable () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/Internal/IsoWorldBase.cs:60)
    IsoTools.IsoWorld.OnEnable () (at Assets/IsoTools/Scripts/IsoWorld.cs:406)

it says that too, but it works anyways, Thank you in advance and sorry for my english

46. BlackMat

BlackMat

Yes, I fixed it. Patch in store review now, but I sent new version to you in private conversation

47. BlackMat

BlackMat

Look at Examples :) IsoWorld must be parent of hierarchy of isometric objects (Not necessarily on camera). Like this:
    - IsoWorld
    --- IsoObject
    --- IsoObject
    --- IsoObject
    --- IsoParent
    ------ IsoObject
    ------ IsoObject

kosukito likes this.
  48. kosukito

kosukito

thank you man! i figurate all by now.. sorry i was getting worried about if it was a good choice by the tiled integration and the problem you already solve , but now that i just used the Tiled2Unity free asset to get all togheter, i have no worries thanks! everything is working perfect.
    one advice though... maybe an Easy tutorial in html about the simple process could be better than those videos and easy to update.
    thanks again!.

49. BlackMat

BlackMat

Yes, I want it too :)

50. BlackMat

BlackMat

Serialization fix already in the store (3.0.1).
    (ArgumentException: GetComponent requires that the requested component 'IsoWorld' derives from MonoBehaviour or Component or is an interface)