Search Unity

Isometric 2.5D Toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BlackMat, Jan 16, 2015.

1. destapp

destapp

hi , i'm trying to add trigger event using OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2D) and its not working.. do you have any idea how to implement this?

2. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi, desta!
    Use isometric analog for trigger event (like physics sample and IsoEchoListener.cs for tests).
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnIsoTriggerEnter(IsoCollider)

3. BlackMat

BlackMat

Deus Craft uses my plugin for their new isometric game (WIP)

4. destapp

destapp

hi blackmat, i want to ask about IsoRayCastHit.. i want to add script like detect tile collider by clicking mouse using raycast like this :

Code (CSharp):
    1. IsoRaycastHit hit ;
    2.             Ray ray = cam.ScreenPointToRay(iso_world.MouseIsoPosition(cam));
    3.             if(Physics.Raycast(ray, out hit)){
    4.                 if (hit.collider != null){
    5.                     Debug.Log(hit.collider.gameObject.name);
    6.                 }
    7.             }
    but i got some errors "The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Physics.Raycast(UnityEngine.Ray, float)' has some invalid arguments" and "Argument `#2' does not require `out' modifier. Consider removing `out' modifier" .
    is there any class IsoPhysics for replace Physics.raycast?? could you give a simple code for touch/click?

thank you

5. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi desta. I will try to implement it (Physics.RaycastAll for isometric), but it's hard because physics and iso-sprites are in different projections.

Because Unity not have this function.

Also
    IsoWorld.MouseIsoTilePosition() return coordinates of tile behind mouse, it's can help you.

6. mrm83

mrm83

What if I want multiple sprites on the same tile?
    Does this plugin support that?

ie: tile needs to have ground sprite and tree sprite. Is it possible?

7. ausiemick

ausiemick

Just wondeing if the physics supports weird structures like so:

I did read through most of the posts but I might have skimmed over somthing :| I'm good at that, so if thats the case I'm sorry

Thanks.

8. BlackMat

BlackMat

Of Course it's possible. Look at Examples :)

9. BlackMat

BlackMat

It's very hard situation for pseudo-3d, because isometric sorting will break on not rectangular objects

10. ausiemick

ausiemick

Thanks, baught it. Still new-ish to unity, I've opened the first demo scene and I'm trying to figure out the camera (i.e. zoom) and I can't seem to find it, it feels like the camera is diferent somehow (maybe your script) how would I zoom in/out w/o ruining your iso-look?

Edit: change the camera size to achieve this

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  11. ausiemick

ausiemick

I'm having issues where the scene view doesn't match the Game view when I pan my Scene view camera as I look around. Blocks start to be infront of others when theyre not supposed to be. Why? Also I can't seem to get rid of black lines coming into my connections between blocks. I've tried removing all semi-transparent pixels and also set the sprite filtering mode to be pixel. How can I tile without the black lines? is it all to do with the binding boxes? Thanks

EDIT:
    Also when I try fine-tuning my bounds boxes I notice that they don't align line on line. Does this mean that the snapping isn't to do with these boxes? If so how do I change snapping? do I just have to re-size assets to snap on the lines i need them to? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  12. ausiemick

ausiemick

I am able to remove the black lines (dark side of next tile) but only through fiddling with the iso world to make the tile size 30.9 rather than 32. Is this a good idea or bad? (I also had to make the red bounding box basically be the inner white part of the tile, none of the other sides on it) but this causes allignment issues. Do I just have to live with the lines, or is there a proper way to do this?

and here's a better attempt where I aim to have the Y shape EXACTLY in line and have the ^ containing overflow to hide the shade side

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  13. BlackMat

BlackMat

Emmmmm. What are you doing? :) Enable 2d view :) Look at samples. Look Unity tutorials.

14. MOSTY

MOSTY

Its a very intuitive asset and i am glad that i found it. Thanks for the work! Awesome support also! Regards

15. BlackMat

BlackMat

Thank you MOSTY! :)

16. ausiemick

ausiemick

My main usage of unity was 3 years ago in UNI when Unity only did 3D. I will look into enable 2D view, theres a good chance that's the issue.

Do you or could you write any documentation on tips for positioning the bounding boxes for the tiles? I think i've got it sorted now, but a look into your tricks to make kenney's iso blocks look good would be appreciated.

Other than that, I was wondering if you could tell me how the snapping system works! I've found the only way I can get my tiles to snap is if I only use whole numbers for my iso object size.

Thanks

17. mrm83

mrm83

Very tempting with the sale.. but just wondering how this one compares with the "OTHER" toolkit thats on the market? Any comments?

18. BlackMat

BlackMat

Step by step simple video tutorial.

Snapping work only by tile size and when alignment checkbox is enabled. I want make other snapping system, but not done yet.

19. BlackMat

BlackMat

Asset store have no any assets with this asset features.

20. mrm83

mrm83

Which features specifically?

21. BlackMat

BlackMat

Features are described in the description section of the asset page.

22. mrm83

mrm83

You said there is none in the store that have your features and I am wondering which ones specifically.. There are other isometric libraries on the store that does the same thing.

23. BlackMat

BlackMat

>Isometric Toolkit<
    Not 2D isometric plugin. It is simple camera settings for 3d view.

>Easy Isometric Sorting<
    Not isometric plugin, because it sorting objects only one axis. (it's good for old jrpg-style game, but not anymore)

>Ultimate Isometric Toolkit<
    Many free kenney's art, but have no needed functionals:
    • no sorting multiple-tiles size without slicing sprites (for example objects 8x1x1 and 1x1x1)
    • no Undo/Redo for editor(!)
    • no physics event for isometric coords and isometric world
    • no custom isometric settings (like this)
    • no mix 2D and 3D support
    I hope I answered your question.

24. florianPRN

florianPRN

Hello,
    I just purchased your product and I wanted to check the Mouse Position. In 2D or 3D World, I simply use OnMouseEnter/Over/Exit/Down/Up but with IsoBoxCollider the events are not triggered.
    Is it a bug ?

25. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello florianPRN, thank you!
    No, it's not bug because IsoBoxCollider is used for iso-physics only.
    You may use unity 2d colliders as usual for mouse triggers.

26. sidartha138

sidartha138

Hello, I just purchased the asset and have a question. Do you have any suggestions on adding a shadow to a character when he jumps?

The shadow can't be part of the same sprite as it needs to stay on the ground when he jumps, in order to show depth.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  27. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello sidartha138. You can make simple IsoObject of shadow with zero-height and set position for it under your character. Or attach shadow to tile without isometric like a simple sprite.

28. sidartha138

sidartha138

The IsoObject with shadow gets me much closer, but I do have one more question.
    See picture below:

Let's say I am on square "1" with the shadow at 0, then I jump up to square "2", is there an easy way to tell the shadow to move to the top of square "2" instead of staying a 0?

Basically, these risers are random so I am looking for a way to see "what is the position of the top square" each time I land on it, so that I can put the shadow at that level?

Is this possible?

29. BlackMat

BlackMat

You can have structure of your landscape for your game. Hero.tilePosition give you hero tile position. Landscape must be know height in specific tile position and top tile there. After this you can change shadow position for example.

30. BlackMat

BlackMat

PlayMaker support. Work in progress...

31. BlackMat

BlackMat

Version 2.2
    - PlayMaker support

32. Woodecker

Woodecker

Would be awesome to import maps from Tiled level editor.

33. BlackMat

BlackMat

I'm working on it now :)

34. Drabuna

Drabuna

It seems like a really nice plugin to use, but before buying I would like to ask some questions:
    -how big of a map is it able to handle, any limits? Like 1000x1000 tiles?
    -can I dynamically generate map and place tiles?
    -performance on mobile mid-range mobile devices for large maps?

35. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello Drabuna!
    > -how big of a map is it able to handle, any limits? Like 1000x1000 tiles?
    On 1'000'000 you must need use chunk or other techniques, because it's too much. Or wait for Tiled support.

> -can I dynamically generate map and place tiles?
    Yes, you can.

> -performance on mobile mid-range mobile devices for large maps?
    I am constantly working to improve performance. And current performance is good.

36. BlackMat

BlackMat

37. YOOJANGSEON

YOOJANGSEON

I'm found OOM in Android
    at IsoTools.Internal.IsoList`1[IsoTools.IsoWorld+Sector].se t_Capacity (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

void SetupSectors() {
    ResizeSectors(Mathf.FloorToInt(_sectorsNumPosCount.x * _sectorsNumPosCount.y));
    TuneSectors();
    }

REPLACE

void SetupSectors() {
    ResizeSectors(Mathf.Clamp((Mathf.FloorToInt(_sectorsNumPosCount.x * _sectorsNumPosCount.y)), 0, int.MaxValue));
    TuneSectors();
    }

void ResizeSectors(int count) {
    if ( _sectors.Count < count ) {
    if ( _sectors.Capacity < count ) {
    _sectors.Capacity = count;
    }
    while ( _sectors.Count < _sectors.Capacity ) {
    _sectors.Push(new Sector());
    }
    }
    for ( int i = 0, e = _sectors.Count; i < e; ++i ) {
    _sectors.Reset();
    }
    }

REPLACE
    void ResizeSectors(int count) {
    if (count >= int.MaxValue)
    {
    print("int maxvalue");
    return;
    }

if ( _sectors.Count < count ) {
    if ( _sectors.Capacity < count ) {
    _sectors.Capacity = count;
    }
    while ( _sectors.Count < _sectors.Capacity ) {
    _sectors.Push(new Sector());
    }
    }
    for ( int i = 0, e = _sectors.Count; i < e; ++i ) {
    _sectors.Reset();
    }
    }

i just wanted to fix next update :)

38. BlackMat

BlackMat

Thank you for report :) But...How you did this? :)

39. fayte0618

fayte0618

Hi! I would like to request if you can please change the collider to use the 2D ones instead of the 3D ones for optimization?

40. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! Isometric world have three dimensions because it's 3d world (mathematically) :)

41. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

Hi,

I have a problem with sample when I import plugin in my project

But when I import it in a new project, no problem.

An idea ?

Thks

42. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi, I not see the problem :) Screenshot is too small

43. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

Arf, indeed bad link ^^.
    For more informations, it's exemple scene 00

Here a screen of scene 03 :

Again, I have no problem with a new project so I do something wrong but what ....

Thks

44. BlackMat

BlackMat

You have problem because IsoWorld have other settings (tile size for example), check IsoWorld settings.

45. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

You are right.
    But I have a strange behavior from Unity if I import plugin from asset store directly in my project, prefab and scene have strange parameters ( I remove and reimport 3 times to be sure). But if I paste files plugin from a empty project it works.

So problem solve but strange bug from Unity
    :confused:

46. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

Hi,

So I have begin to implement your plugin in my project and I have two request :

• Can we have a offset parameters in isoObject because add child to GO which have isoObject is a loss of performance. And for logic, the isoObject have to fill sprite and not the opposite. What do you think ?
    • I have detect a big loss of performance in the system. For 1700 tiles it's take 4ms for because of his logic. I have detect IsoWorld each frame ask for each isoobject to give all his renderer and check if one of this is render is visible. Why isoobject not manage his renderer ( and assume user says to isoObject he add or remove a renderer after Start call). maybe with a system of delegate. In Start, isoObject gets his renderers and adds to these renderers a script which call him when visibility change. IsoObject always known number of renderer visible or not and when isoWorld ask "Are you visible ?" isoObject answers _visibleRenderer > 0. With that system you avoid many getcomponent and for loop each frame. What do you think ?
    The good thing is I correct a bug in my old tile placement I have not detect before :)

47. BlackMat

BlackMat

> Can we have a offset parameters in isoObject because add child to GO which have isoObject is a loss of performance. And for logic, the isoObject have to fill sprite and not the opposite. What do you think ?

Do not add isoobject to isoobject as child. Use simple hierarchy like:
    IsoObject
    - Sprite
    - Sprite

> I have detect a big loss of performance in the system. For 1700 tiles it's take 4ms for because of his logic.

I think you not need 1700 tiles :) You can use one and more "chunk" IsoObject for floor or use new Tiled functionality where all tiles in chunk converting to one mesh.

> Why isoobject not manage his renderer

Because i'll need update function in every isoobject in this variant. (update function to cut from code on build now).

> and assume user says to isoObject he add or remove a renderer after Start call
    number of children changes on life time and more, more, more problem and trick )

48. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

I don't want do
    IsoObject
    - IsoObject

I want do
    IsoObject - Sprite ( same level)

Because ( methods are prety the same) I can set pivot point where I want without add GO than Unity don't managed well. And vector2+Vector2 is more efficient than move GO and his children or active/desactive many GOs.
    I think your method is good for several sprites

I am at the beginning of my project so it's planned. :)
    But I recreate a city builder sierra like so I will have a huge sprite count and every ms is important.

What do you mean ? feature of Unity or yours ? I am curious ^^
    If it is yours, I can not use it because my map are dynamically create or it's my players who design it in runtime.
    Do you planned a rudimentary runtime TileMap ?

But IsoObject is one object ( with many renderers) so in majority of cases renderer count will be fixed at Start. You don't thinks ?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my bad English :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  49. BlackMat

BlackMat

You can made chunk map for many sprites, like this:
    - IsoObject (parent) (chunk, for example 10x10x0 size)
    -- Tile Sprite (child)
    -- Tile Sprite (child)
    -- Tile Sprite (child)
    Because you don't need IsoObject for every tile for perfomance.

My implementation for static tile map yet :(

Yes you are right. But I try support all cases :) I'll thinking about it!

50. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

Ok thks I will try to mix your plugin with 2dToolkit for tilemap and see what's happen :)

Do you have a roadmap for future features ?