Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ISO Tile map scale Issue

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by shadowsaint669, Sep 21, 2018.

1. shadowsaint669

shadowsaint669

I am encountering an issue messing with the isometric maps using standard cell swizzle of XYZ, where if I draw too large an area the map just stops rendering in both the editor and the game camera. I have tried both chunk and individual mode for mode and it still happens.

This problem occurs with both isometric tiles and script able isometric tiles. There seems to be some kind of magic distance out near the bottom right of the tile area where stuff just starts dissapearing.

At this scale things are fine: Attached1

still fine: Attached 2

As you can tell here the tile map has dissappeared from game camera. If I keep working on the map at this point it will not be visible in editor camera either... in attached 3

I have my graphics camera setting at custom axis 0,1,0 but this was happening with default as well. I know the data is still there because if I switch cell swizzle I can see the cells again in YZX.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      57.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      60.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      65.4 KB
      Views:
  2. zulfajuniadi

zulfajuniadi

Set the tilemap bounds to manual and set it to some larger value.