Search Unity

isLocalPlayer initially returns false when player reconnects to server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheLastVertex, Mar 23, 2020.

1. TheLastVertex

TheLastVertex

I am trying to implement the ability for players to reconnect to a dedicated server if they lose connection. I am currently not destroying the player object when they disconnect, and successfully assigning control back to the existing object when they reconnect.

When the player re-establishes their connection, the objects they control initially return "isLocalPlayer" as false. This results in camera's and other per player objects being disabled during awake/start logic. This flag does eventually return true but only after a couple frame updates.

Is there a callback or a way to check globally if this part of the process is completed? This way I could just manually trigger the setup logic once I know this flag is correct.

2. tobiass

tobiass

Which networking solution do you use? Unity's built in (as the flag suggests)?

3. TheLastVertex

TheLastVertex

Unet HLAPI.

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Both UNET's state reset and reassigning authority (I assume that's what you do?) are full of bugs.
    Try Mirror: https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror it's an open source UNET fork with 3447 improvements :)

Joe-Censored likes this.