Search Unity

!IsFinite errors after importing new 3ds max model

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by It-is-I2, Jul 10, 2013.

1. It-is-I2

It-is-I2

Hi Everyone.
    since today i am getting !IsFinite errors (outDistanceForSort/AlongView). I have been googling them and found that in general it has to do with distance to the origin or NaN returns. BUT
    i am getting them because of the animator of my model.
    when i turn the animator off, the problem is gone (except no more animations for my character)

The thing is, i imported a new animation model for the same character.
    My game was working fine, except i had problems with the center of the animations. So I remade all my animations.
    and imported them with a model into unity.
    after setting up all the references and animation timecodes i thought i was done.
    Only this time i get the errors.
    Does anybody have any idea on how to solve this? Or why they are cause?
    i have made my animation model in 3ds max (in both cases)

thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------Edit

i have been thinking and looking in what is different. My old animated model was animated with Biped.
    My new model is animated with an bonesystem. If i switch the rig animation type to legacy. my error dissapears.
    (this is because the animator then also dissapears) It could be a workaround!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. It-is-I2

It-is-I2

Ok so i have been trying to fix my problem and so far no real solution. I DO know now what is causing the errors.
    In the animatorcontroller something is going wrong with the transitions. They appear to begin mid animation. when i try to move them, then the error pops up, including a aabb.IsValid() error.
    The problem excist i think, because the animations are to short (somethimes only 1 frame, like a stand still) BUT
    when i move the transition time, then the smallest animation pops out of range, or dissapears (followed by the errors)

The odd thing is that before all the above didn't happen, yet i also had 1 frame animations.

Ill try to do longer animations and see what happends

3. It-is-I2

It-is-I2

[Well i added a longer animation, So there would be more time to do the transition.
    BUT it doens't work/matter. on the crossover part between the animations i get te !isFinite errors and the aabb.

anyone any idea?

below a screenshot

ATTACH=CONFIG]60038[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  4. It-is-I2

It-is-I2

Well i was saving the problem for the last of my project, but now it seems to be messing with my gameperformance also. (my character will not jump high enough. So i reported it as a bug.!

5. It-is-I2

It-is-I2

For those of you reading this add. i DID NOT solve my problem.
    In the end i rebuild my animation controls using the crossfade commands. and took out the mechanim system.
    Basicly it works the same, but there is no real visual feedback of the logic (the handy part of the mechanim system)

6. Dantus

Dantus

Maybe there is a mesh issue related to your bones. According to the screen shot, the first error is an invalid aabb. Without having access to the model, it is quite hard to guess what is going on.