Search Unity

is WorldAnchorTransferBatch broken in 5.5.0b11?

Discussion in 'VR' started by poshporcupine, Nov 22, 2016.

1. poshporcupine

poshporcupine

I'm using WorldAnchorTransferBatch to serialize WorldAnchors which is working great in the HoloLens Emulator. Once I use it on the actual HoloLens hardware it fails every time with the error "Failed to world lock serialization failed". Here is the code that causes the error.

Code (CSharp):
    1.             var worldAnchorBatch = new WorldAnchorTransferBatch();
    2.             worldAnchorBatch.AddWorldAnchor(AnchorName, anchor);
    3.             WorldAnchorTransferBatch.ExportAsync(worldAnchorBatch, WriteBuffer, ExportComplete);
    My questions are:

1. Is this broken or am I doing something wrong?
    2. If it is broken in Unity, any idea when it will be fixed?
    I've been banging my head against the wall for days, so any help is appreciated!

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Can you submit a bug with a project that repro's what you are seeing please so we can investigate the issue?

3. poshporcupine

poshporcupine

Thank you for the reply. I have created a bug with an attached repro. I'm looking forward to any info you can give me.
    This is Case 854173.

4. poshporcupine

poshporcupine

This issue still exists in the released 5.5, there has been nothing posted or added to my bug and I can't modify to add that new information. Any idea when this will at least be triaged? 2 or the 3 HoloLens Apps I'm working on are stuck because of this bug...

5. vono

vono

I am getting the same error with Unity 5.5.0f3 and 5.6.0b1 . Was the problem coming from Unity or was it something with your code?

6. poshporcupine

poshporcupine

I got feedback on my bug from Unity QA saying that my example works fine for them. They asked me to refine the example I have even smaller for them to review, which I will do today. So no idea where the actual issue is... I know there is another person I'm talking to on Stack Overflow with the same problem as well. My guess is its a unity issue based on three of us with the same problem, but who knows... I'll keep this thread updated if I find out more.

7. poshporcupine

poshporcupine

I've submitted a new repro to Wesley, he was unable to reproduce this, which is a bit concerning.

gmarhuenda likes this.
  8. vono

vono

Could that be related to the device then. If I delete the spatial information from the hololens, I seem to get data to export but then the export fail. After a time I am just back to the error: "Failed to world lock serialization failed"