Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Is visual studio not installing properly for others lately?

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by goodnewsjimdotcom, Jun 15, 2023.

1. goodnewsjimdotcom

goodnewsjimdotcom

As of yesterday, Visual Studio doesn't want to install proper. How do I work around this? I've been using Unity for 5 years, never saw something like this.. I'm rebuilding a library.

upload_2023-6-15_11-17-23.png

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Try creating a new project and see if updating the package works there. Perhaps the issue is with the errors in com.unity.properties and that the project is in safe mode?

Anyway, can't help but stab: 5 years Unity and you're still with VS? Wow, that is perseverance. ;) Or ignorance. :p

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Error 504 is a Gateway Timeout error. Gateway servers are intermediary servers that assist with client and server communication. This error message indicates that the gateway tried to communicate but timed out before it was able to receive a response.

Common reasons for this include server maintenance, overloaded servers, and network connectivity issues. It's not typically something an end user can fix but it's also rarely long lasting so just wait a little while and try again.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  4. goodnewsjimdotcom

goodnewsjimdotcom

I think it was a Windows Virus.
    I've had so many viruses this year, I literally reinstalled Windows 51 times.
    I restored from restore point over 100.

Turns out: The built in reset and install windows isn't the same as installing from USB stick...