Search Unity

Is using the Generic animation system with a humanoid a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Paulprog16, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Paulprog16

Paulprog16

Hello,

The thing is, I have a Makehuman model with a complex rig that allows IK, which makes animating in Blender way easier. The problem is that this rig (the MHX one) is not supported by the Unity Humanoid system (for some reason, Unity doesn't recognize the bone structure of the .fbx import).

Therefore, although I would love to be able to configure the model to work with the Humanoid system, I am forced to use Generic, which is the only system where it works.

The question is, is this a bad idea? Am I doing something that will cause trouble along the way? I really don't want to change the rig, since it is essential for me to keep the IK functions.

2. dozhwal

dozhwal

You don't want to use the "game compatible rig" from makehuman ?
    I don't know if it is IK ok in blender, but it works well in unity

3. Paulprog16

Paulprog16

I am using the Game rig from MH, but I import it into Blender by choosing the MHX option, which is the only one that gives you IK capabilities.

Unfortunately, this forces me to use the Generic animation system in Unity, so I would like to know if it is ok to do so, I mean, use the Generic system with a humanoid.

It would be great if I could get the MHX rig to work with the Humanoid system, but I don't think anyone has ever figured that out.