Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is using different ProductTypes for different stores ok?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Phedg1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Phedg1

Phedg1

I am trying to implement a non-renewing subscription on the Goolgle Play and Apple app stores. Google Play breaks in app purchases down into "managed" and "subscription" iaps. The main difference being managed iaps are single time purchases while all subscription iaps are auto renewing. Apple, on the other hand, has a non renewing subscription iap.

According to this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-ios-non-renewing-subscriptions.469165/ Apple non renewing subscriptions should be registered as ProductType.subscription in Unity IAP. To my best guess, even though I'm using it to facilitate a non renewing subscription, the Google Play managed purchase should be registered as ProductType.consumable in Unity IAP.

This means that I need to register it as two separate products in Unity IAP, for the two different stores. I am wondering if it's actually OK to mark them both as ProductType.subscription or ProductType.consumable in my code, if it would still interact with the stores correctly? Is the ProductType there just superficially? Or would this make my app unable to function?

Thanks.

@ap-unity

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It should work, please test accordingly