Search Unity

Is Unreal Engine really better than Unity?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Sigma, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigma

Sigma

Ok, so i kinda thought about making a game with my friends. And they are all convinced that UE is simply better. They argue that Unreal creates a superior cinematic experience, i guess mostly due to the amount of control you have over texture rendering and true volumetric lighting.

We would also save some time not having to make custom LoD's i guess, lol.

Still, i think Unity is better, because Hearthstone is made with it and i like to play it very much >.<

Any arguments you guys can give me to convince my buddies?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Hate to break it to you but being a developer my response is that each engine has its own strengths and weaknesses and that you should evaluate the ones available to you to see which one best meets the needs of your project and your team.

Bethesda makes many of my favorite games but anyone who has spent any time playing or modding their games would tell you that the game engine they choose (GameBryo) is positively horrid and is holding them back in a massive way.

While I thoroughly enjoy working with Unity the reality is the final product is much more the result of the company creating it than the tools they choose to make it. Blizzard has a solid reputation for a reason.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    hippocoder likes this.
  3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Both engines are really good.
    So choosing one of them, is a matter of personal preference and choice.:D

And Ryiah gave a good answer, to your question too.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

This thread is not really the kind of quality we're looking for on the forums. It's a developer community so likely a whole lot of us are using multiple engines. If your question is one of which engine is more suitable for someone, read guides and try them out. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.