Search Unity

Discussion Is UnityConverter Available?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by seantigert, Nov 16, 2022.

1. seantigert

seantigert

So, If Unity converter exists, then I whould convert Unity games made for any platforms/version/complier/architecture into a game made for a another platform (Example: Unity game made for android with unity 3, mono and architecture x64 into a game made for windows with Unity 5, il2cpp and architecture x86)

Also, There’s a tool that is better than unityconverter, it’s named “NonUnity2Unity” which it’s a tool that converts a non-unity game into a Unity game with any platform/version/compiler/architecture, Does the UnityConverter and NonUnity2Unity both exist, idk.

2. seantigert

seantigert

so if there do exist, i might use these tools.

3. seantigert

seantigert

Why is anybody forgetting this post?

4. bastien_humeau

bastien_humeau

Unity Technologies

Hello @seantigert,

We're spending a lot of time trying to make sure that old projects can still be opened, with some changes and upgrades due to new technologies and deprecated ones, in newer unity versions.
    There are no "converter" made by Unity because, by default, any project made with Unity will work on all platforms Unity supports. Unless you're using a specific render pipeline like HDRP which is not supported on some platforms, then your project is cross-platform.
    There are some very specific platform-dependent APIs, but most of them are being abstracted so that you can write that code once and let Unity manage the platform-specific part. For example the XR solution provided by Unity is abstracting the fact that you're on iOS using ARKit or Android and using ARCore.

Regarding Non-Unity to Unity tools, I think some of them exist out in the wild. I've not used any of them though, so I don't know what it's worth. The opposite also probably exists,