Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Unity Tiny stable for 3D games?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by ammar_12431, Oct 18, 2021.

1. ammar_12431

ammar_12431

Hi!

Have to create a couple of 3D mini-games for the Web. Instant load times are required so I cant stick with Unity WebGL. Just stumbled across Tiny!

Is it stable enough or should I go with Babylon or PlayCanvas (don't know either of them so will have to start from scratch). My use case is a bunch of small (but 3D) mini-games that should load up instantly!

Thanks a bunch!

2. djsell

djsell

No. Use something else.

rigidbuddy and atmikes1234 like this.
  3. Arowx

Arowx

Tiny is Dead! (it's just not official yet).

Tiny seems to have died (no official announcements for months), DOTS 0.50 has been announced weeks ago but nothing regarding Tiny has been officially mentioned since.

Tiny was nearly 100% DOTS but DOTS 0.5 -> 1.0 will be Hybrid so where does that leave Tiny?

Thygrrr and rigidbuddy like this.
  4. geoter

geoter

What do you mean by Hybrid?

5. Arowx

Arowx

You will need a mix of Monobehaviour API components and DOTS systems to make a fully featured game.

Or DOTS will not cover all of the game engine systems needed to go 100% DOTS.

6. msfredb7

msfredb7

I think the long term goal of 'hybrid' is mainly for authoring. Once the game is packaged, no GameObject would be left.

Arowx likes this.