Search Unity

Feedback Is Unity Recorder offered for 2020.1?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Zeesy, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Zeesy

Zeesy

I'm trying to install Unity Recorder on 2020.1, but it's not available in the Asset Store or through the package manager. Window > General has no recorder option.

This tutorial is quite thorough, but without the package it's pretty useless. 2019.2 is the most recent version the tutorial covers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

We made a change in 2020.1 to hide preview packages – Recorder is one – the theory being that exposing such packages might cause more harm than good. If you want to use Recorder, you need to enable preview packages for the project.
    • Edit > Project Settings... > Package Manager
    • Click the "Enable Preview Packages" checkbox
    • When you return to Package Manager, you should now see the Unity Recorder as an option

Xirantics and unitybru like this.
  3. Zeesy

Zeesy

Thanks for your quick response. I enabled Preview Packages in the Project Settings, but Unity Recorder wasn't listed in My Assets as an option in the Package Manager. I also got several Code 299 errors in the console.

The package was visible once I switched to Packages: Unity Registry.
    upload_2020-7-29_14-51-21.png

It worked well once I installed it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  4. rphad

rphad

im using 2019.4 but i cant seem to find unity recorder in the package manager. Any ideas?

5. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Enable preview packages, as stated above.

6. ecv80

ecv80

In 2019.2 you do this by clicking on the "Advanced" button at the top of the package manager window, to the left of the search box, and checking "Show preview packages" (ofc).

unitybru likes this.