Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Unity Connect for B2B too ?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by mcl-dev, Nov 28, 2016.

1. mcl-dev

mcl-dev

How can a small company advertise its services in Unity Connect ?

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey mcl-at,

At the moment we do not support Company's advertising their services. If you'd like to accomplish for now though, my advice would be to generate a user and name it after your company.

mcl-dev likes this.
  3. mcl-dev

mcl-dev

Yes, I thought about doing that. Just wanted to check if that was ok for you moderators.

4. zenasprime

zenasprime

As an indie game development studio that makes ends meet by doing contract work this seems to be a bit of an oversight. I know a lot of folks out there that use Unity as a major tool for doing contract work and it was our hope that you guys included us in your design of Unity Connect. We're not looking for employment in the traditional sense, which seems to be the sole purpose of Unity Connect. Sure we could just set up a user as a company (were actually working on doing just that) but doesn't really help if other businesses are not looking to Unity Connect to find development services.

Also, even though you can create a company and attach employee's profiles, the purpose seems entirely set up for headhunting. I'd like to see that feature promote Business to Business services as well. I think a lot of Unity Developers out there will agree that the bulk of our bread and butter doesn't come from making it big with a blockbuster indie game developed with Unity.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  5. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Zenasprime,

We do want to deliver features to support companies like yourself, but we are just in Beta and these take time :D We'll get to them soon!

mcl-dev likes this.