Search Unity

Is Unity Compatible with Amazon Silk?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by FamilyNorth, Sep 4, 2020.

?

Are Unity Games compatible with Amazon Silk?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FamilyNorth

FamilyNorth

Hello,

We are considering a promotion with Amazon.

Is Unity compatible with Silk?

Before we purchase the devices, wanted to ask for community support on this question.

Specifically, looking to purchase

Fire HD 10 Tablet (10.1" 1080p full HD display, 32 GB) – White (9th Generation)

However, we are not sure if this will run Unity Games. Core specs attached for reference.

Thank you,

Adam

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Silk is a browser. Do you want to run natively (which is supported on Amazon devices, they are a flavor of Android) or via WebGL in a browser? I am not aware if we have tested WebGL on Silk.

JamesArndt likes this.
  3. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I own this exact tablet and I can confirm, at least for me, that I can build and deploy APK files to this tablet. They run the same as they do on other Android devices I own. I've also happened to run WebGL content in the Silk browser and it runs as well. Take note that Unity-built 3D WebGL does not run too well in any of the mobile browsers I've tested. If a game is a simple enough 2D game mobile browsers seem to handle WebGL content decently. PlayCanvas WebGL does seem to run extremely well in just about any mobile browser I've tried.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.