Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Is Unity Collaborate private?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Jymmy097, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Jymmy097

Jymmy097

Hi everybody,

I need to know if projects published in Unity Collaborate are private (I can choose who can see what) or they can be accessed by anybody. I couldn't find that information anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Jymmy097

2. Paulprog16

Paulprog16

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I hope we can get an answer soon, so I can make a decision on which source control system to use. This one looks pretty nice.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Jymmy097 and @Paulprog16! Yes, you will have full control over who will have access to your projects. You can both add users to your Organization so that they can be added automatically to every project that you make under that Org, or you can add them individually to each project that you want them to have access to so that they can't see your other projects. You can do all of this from either the Members tab in the Services Window of the Editor or on the Developer Dashboard. On the Dashboard, you can either manage the Members & Groups in your Organization or go to the Users tab in a single project and add teammates there. You can also specify how much control teammates will have over each project by specifying either their project or organization role. You can find more info on the different roles here.

4. Paulprog16

Paulprog16

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  5. Jymmy097

Jymmy097

Ryan-Unity likes this.