Search Unity

Is Unity any easier than UDK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by techmage, Nov 8, 2009.

1. tatoforever

tatoforever

- Am not TATA. My nickname is tatoforever, do you get it?
    - I'm not confusing myself, you are the only one trying to make other believe that I'm wrong.
    Go and get a new nerd glasses as it seems like you cant read what am writing. Thus make you less retarded when writing your nonsense replies.
    - An UDK experienced user will find Unity quite easy because of it lightness. However an Experienced Unity user could take some time learning the UnrealED because its heaviness. So your statement about UDK being easier for UDK is a "Retarded nonsense statement". Unity still easier than UDK, and that's the whole point.
    Now the guy asking in this thread if UDK is easier than Unity is not an UDK user is a new Unity user, here is his quote:
    I would ask you to please stop. And do not try to offend my anymore with your TATAs and your nonsense replies.
    Tanks.

2. tatoforever

tatoforever

You are not only mixing several statements that i wrote all over this threat but also heavy modify them all in your way to make them appears wrong.
    My turn, spec a huge reply with a mix of your posts in this thread.

3. codinghero

codinghero

@tata, I was wondering when you'd resort to insults having utterly failed at logic and reasoning. Bravo!

You can not speak for anyone other than yourself. Your lack of ability to understand UDK does not apply to the rest of us. According to people who have tried UDK, it is equally easy to use when compared to Unity. You can't silence them.

Now, when can we expect more of your useless, yet hilarious remarks?

4. codinghero

codinghero

@tata, you are a blatant liar. Completely dishonest. Anyone who can read will see that these are all direct quotes. Things you have typed yourself. Good try though. Will you now go back and edit every one of your replies to cover your lies?

P.S: I thought you were leaving and not replying to this thread anymore? Or did I just make that up too?

5. tatoforever

tatoforever

The only one that you dint touch that much, but the rest of my arguments are gone. Yes, in my own opinion, UDK is just a crap, and this is my personal POV, do you have a problem with that?
    Now am asking you what are you trying to prove with all this cutting and pasting sh*ts? You only heard about UDK few days ago. You are in a very bad position to give some advices about UDK. Would you please stop pretending knowing everything about UDK?
    Tanks.

6. Tysoe

Tysoe

Steady on guys. You can use whatever engine you want to make games. I just feel that Unity is quicker and easier to get into especially for small teams that want to build a game from scratch.

I don't really feel Unity lacks much in the graphics department v's unreal. I'd say unreal was so/so and engines like Leadwerks have overtaken it in some areas.

Deferred shading is the big thing that has barely been touched this gen, and something that unity seems to have adopted pretty early in the game. I think that and support for LOD in the 2011 FBX format, the new occlusion library being used will take unity a lot further.

Unity rendering is still quite high spec for casual games. Though it does run on a broad range of hardware and doesn't carry all the bloat that unreal does.

Personally I think Unreal is too fragmented and requires too much time investment to pick up and use quickly. You have to jump through a lot of hoops because there are too many seperate steps to getting your assets into the game.

Great for people that have been weaned on it for years. But there are better engines and easier engines to get up and running on. Most people here just want to make great games that look good but only have limited resources and want portable games that can be ported quickly to a variety of platforms. Unity is ideal for those people.

Unreal seems more for those people that have pipe dreams and think using the same tools that big boy developers with teams of 70+ artists will somehow make their games magically better and cool. The engine is probably perfect for those people because chances are they are never going to release anything but tech demos anyway.

7. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Presumably it's an user who has registered...you can't use the free license without registering it.

--Eric

8. tatoforever

tatoforever

The only blatant liar and dishonest dude in here is you. I haven't lie at all, i saying that you are cutting and pasting several statement that I've post here in your own way. Wich means, that you are not posting the complete post only few statements here and there to make them appears incorrect. Users will provably read my complete post and not your personal cut down version.
    You got your a*s bated about your UDK pretensions and now you are trying to get some new ways to cover your defeat. Would you stop all this sh*ts please?

9. tatoforever

tatoforever

Agree 100% with you.
    This also answer the main topic question "Is UDK easier than Unity?" Nooooooooooooo! lol

10. codinghero

codinghero

And your assumption is wrong.

Lie. You were talking about (in your own words) "...Unreal eyecandy capabilities."

Lie. You state that you don't have "low level access" in UDK because you don't get the source. You don't get the source in any version of Unity so there's no difference, Liar.

I was illustrating the fact that you are insulting.

That wasn't the point and it's not true anyway. You are not the one who decides who Epic is targeting with UDK. They are. They say it's for "everyone." You == Wrong.

Both. A designer is a designer. A coder is a coder. Some people are both. Just because you use a certain tool does not make you both. You role and the work you do is what makes you one, the other, or both.

You didn't say that. You weren't even talking abote UDK in that paragraph or the ones before it.

So you say. The misinformation and lies you are spouting say otherwise.

Nope. Your problem is that you think your OPINION is a FACT. It's not. Btw, I didn't edit any of your quotes or tailor my response to change the context, Liar.

You left out this one, Liar:
    You said that first. Then you say it's crap. You == Liar.

I'm not giving you advice. I'm clearing the air of your lies.

I was just showing people who don't want to read the kinds of comments you make. Lies and insults.

That comment alone is proof of your lack of reading comprehension, or at least your extremely poor grasp of language. Easy is subjective. Nothing is definitely easier for everyone than something else.

11. codinghero

codinghero

Ah, ok. I didn't know that since I paid for it long before it became free. Thanks for the info.

12. codinghero

codinghero

There's a lot of project in the works already by small teams and one-man-shows. I keep pointing out Dungeon Defense. Four people. For weeks. Not a pipe dream. How many of the 90,000 newly registered Unity users have published games? They have a full month lead on the UDK teams. ;)

By the way, folks, I'm not specifically defending UDK. If you look around I back Shiva and Torque just the same. I am just clearing up the misinformation. At least you state you points as opiion, Tysoe. It's when someone states that what they THINK is a fact that I take issue.

13. tatoforever

tatoforever

Same for Unity, with similar quality results in less time. :D
    You miss something very important. Theses folks are experienced Unreal Mod guys. Any equivalent experienced Unity team could create equivalent results in less time. And this is the true power behind Unity. Create more in less time. I when to GDC and i saw Unity 3 demos by myself, and i can tell you that the rendering quality barrier between Unreal Engine 3 and Unity 3 is non existent.
    There is more Unity published games in the last 4 months than UDK published demos. :D

Really? Don't me laugh please lol. You sound like a pro UDK product evangelist, with the sole difference that you don't know UDK or UE.

What misinformation?, have you already done something to prove all your precious information? You only knows about UDK since... few days ago. You are in a very bad position to give some advice about UDK.

14. StarManta

StarManta

I just got caught up on this thread and am now stupider.

15. codinghero

codinghero

Prove it, Liar

Prove it, Liar.

By the 90,000 users who just started using Unity Free? I didn't think so, Liar.

And you are a mindless Unity fanboi. There, I said it. Oh, and you're a liar.

Every lie you spouted as misinformation. And yes, I proved my points by citing facts pointed out in each products' specs, docs, or websites. You just voice your uneducated opinions, Liar.

16. Discord

Discord

I just popped in to see what this thread was about and really only read the last page. This is beyond ridiculous. This needs to be locked or something. Obviously people have different opinions and that's that.

17. tatoforever

tatoforever

Liar? I don't get your point. The only one liar here is you. You are lying to other members and you are lying to yourself, believing that UDK is easier than Unity! What a such false statement! Liar! :D
    If you don't know, you got your a*s bated several times. Are you looking for more, is that right? I suggest you to stop your false statements about UDK otherwise people will not stop flaming you. :D

18. codinghero

codinghero

You're sad. I've never said either is generally easier. I said it depends. You obviously don't know what subjective means. Try http://www.m-w.com.

The only person flaming me is you. Apparently because you can't get over the fact that Unity is not the best solution for every human on Earth. Get over, kid, it's ok, really. It's good tool. It's not perfect, but nothing is. I understand you already spent the $1,500 on Pro and you need to justify the purchase in your mind. That's fine. But do it in private. You have no right to lie about competition. That's libel. Again, try http://www.m-w.com.

19. tatoforever

tatoforever

I have real facts and can prove all my points with real world results. Complete and successful games. I don't care if Unity Pro or iPhone cost me 3000$$ or even more. Call me kid, old man, call me liar or what ever you want, the fact is that tanks to Unity we (Psychoz Interactive) are selling good quality games in record time. Even with all the experience that i have with Unreal Technology, i cant barely do what i have done with Unity in the same time. Unity is not magic, is just buildup to prototype and make powerful games faster. And that's the whole point.

Now, to make an end to this fighting thread, i would like to tell you that i respect all your personal POVs about Unity/UDK and i would like you to do the same. Peace?

20. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

FACTS:

-This thread is now officially about the Jim Carrey movie.

-Motojt's mother told him about Santa Claus and took the truth too hard when he found out. He now has a chronic neurosis involving the word "Liar".

-Tata was the name of one Motojt's Chinese prostitutes.

-Unity is an excellent general purpose realtime 3d engine.

-UDK (if it is, in fact, similar to the Unreal editor that I have bundled with Unreal Tournament 3) is something I won't use to develop my games as there would be too many problems with asset and project management. Oh, and it's too hard, complicated and strange to use.

-Unity>CryEngine>Unreal

-Any response to this post in any way shape or form will grant the replier a generated automatic fail courtesy of Automatic Fail Generation Systems Inc.

-The fact below is true.

-The fact above is false.

-Jim Carrey is more awesome than everyone here combined.

-Jesus and Jim Carrey visit these forums occasionally.

-This thread will be locked soon.

21. codinghero

codinghero

Actually, I woke up to catch my parents putting the presents under the tree when I was 3, but you were close. ;)

Edit: Never mind. Teach a man to fish and all that. :p

22. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

Man...that close, eh? It was just a random thing I thought up for your love with the word (Peter: a-bird bird bird, bird is the word, a-bird bird bird).

Too late. Saw the vid. You need to write scripts and use a command console to start a new project. It takes 3 seconds to start a new project in Unity. Fail.

*Initiating Automatic Fail Generation System*

Attached Files:

23. Tysoe

Tysoe

Anyone that can defend Garage Games engines prior to Torque3D (I haven't bothered to look at that one yet). Had to be some kind of sado masochist. Those were the most over hyped and marketed useless engines I have seen this side of the 1990's.

BTW I don't think anyone said Unreal was rubbish. It's probably time to move on, doesn't seem either of you are going to get anywhere because from your own perspectives your probably both right. At the end of the day it just comes down to what suits your needs best.

24. firelord

firelord

thats exactly what i was saying..look at my thread it says...what your team can make the most out of..unity has its bonuses especially when version 3 comes out, i have never said unity is crap..i prefer to use udk cause thats what my whole team decided on..we looked at untiy 2.6 but it did not have the finishing touches udk had...if are project was stating later this year we may of concidered unity 3..like i said in an earlier post, what ever your team can make the most of..but what ever game engine you choose it has to have the right tool set..unity 2.6 does not but unity 3 looks like a great product..like the lightmapper beast..so in conclusion to the thread asking the question which is easier..the answer is none of them..both have pluses and minuses..its which engine you feel you can get the most out of..the end

25. codinghero

codinghero

Haha, yes, that is an annoying 3 minute process. Btw, those were ini files he was editing, not scripts. But yes, you do have to create the main script with a stub (empty) class in it. UDK is only a few months old Beta, so I'm keeping it on radar. Every time I finish a project I eval the competition for the next one. I'm curious to see what they can accomplish with another few months.

You have to remember it came out in April 2001. Back then if 3DGameStudio, Blitz3D, 3DRad, DarkBasic, Quest3D, Nebula Engine, and V12 (Torque's original name) all go to a night club, V12 is leaving with all the hot chicks. ;)

And it was far from useless. A S*** ton of games have used it over the years. S***ty docs, yes, S***ty engine, no.

26. jorge-castro

jorge-castro

27. Dreamora

Dreamora

A few month old beta of a precompiled spinoff of a product that was in development for over a decade though.
    Thats not really the same as a beta of a new product.

Powerfull engine with sources but for non devs without a touch of massochism (or the interest to fight tens of thousands of lines of undocumented code that pre TGEA 1.7 was also totally crap structured (the TGE renderer mess hurts the TGB and torque for iphone line significantly till today!)

And the interesting thing is that blitz over the years made many many more successfull games. Especially BlitzMax thanks to people like GrayAlien who has since then been hired by BigFish Games to develop games directly for them instead of doing it for himself and offering it on their platform and others, has shown that "unknown media languange" != bad. Cause the majority here struggles to get anything done at all and those who do often have as little success that they impossibly can live from it. Those who do are hired by companies, not working by their own pocket
    -> never underestimate languages just because they might seem like less capable as less headache = more productive especially for non devs = more game / hour of work

Thats the reason why Unity is able to win so many direct comparisions. its one of the few engines that has no inner interest to mess with you and annoy you to hell (like all Torques aside of TGB do for example but also DBP and the trash conitex still is selling to uninformed noobs)
    At least torque offers you more flexibility at some later point when you spent your months on learning it as a dev and it has one of the top 3 - 5 multiplayer networking architectures available at all, only few can compete with it. I personally would say the Quake networking and the quake networking only (neither Unreal nor HL networking are able to drive that many players concurrently with that little work and client pain. I remember the 56k / isdn days when there were 256 player servers for tribes 2 - the engine out of which torque originated - something not replicated ever again in shooters to my knowledge)

28. codinghero

codinghero

We're not talking about the engine here. The engine is beyond amazing. It's the whole UDK package that's in beta. They've already added a lot that didn't exist back in November. Who knows what else they're working on.

But you don't have to mess with the source. You can, but you don't have to. And that was a bit harsh to call Conitec users uninformed noobs. :D

The whole game authoring tool / engine debates are always so polarizing here. At most of the other forums I've been to it's usually a lot lighter, friendlier. "Unity has this? That's great, I wish we had that!" "Oh damn, did you see this new feature in Torque? When are we getting that, guys?" It's always so taboo to discuss the competition here. The admins should just borrow a page from UDK's rulebook an close all engine comparison threads.

29. cannon

cannon

Actually, when site admins ban, proscribe or prohibit a subject, that's closer to the actual definition of a taboo. :wink:

Just an observation, carry on...

30. Dreamora

Dreamora

Only those who know that theirs is not capable to compete ban all comparisions, the others don't have to fear it as they know that a objective comparision will end at very least partially well for them.

As for the conitex point: Its hard to call them any other way as the engine is fine for a $0 engine but not for its price. Keep in mind they once sold their stuff at Quest3D prices while being hardly able to compete with DBP capability wise. Their whole editor backend has received only very little love in half a decade yet their prices never reflected that.
    its the only engine I know that up to the second round of A7 even had "feature deltas" in the sense of "any resolution higher than 1024x768 requires the $700+ license" (at that point even any notebook sold hat at very least 1280x800, mine had 1400x1050 at least for years already back then)

Nobody who invested more than 10 minutes in research would even have considered starting with the engine at that date. its ok if you have been developping a game since early A6 days and upgrading till now but for anything else a dev can't be considered more than uninformed as nobody would choose one of the top 3 worst engines sold today.
    All other engines that were that crappy went free / open source by now (impact 3d and similar stuff)

31. codinghero

codinghero

Or those who don't care enough to nip animosity in the bud. Remember these debates are NEVER objective, so they are good for the repsective company because the biased users will easily overwhelm a person who is simply evaluating his/her options. It's free marketing.

I haven't been to the Conitec forums since A7 dropped, but the last time I did it seemed like the same old folks that'd been around since A5 were still there. The guys I remember dealing with were typically excellent C/C++ coders and very good artists. Now, I would tend to agree with you on new users being lured to Conitec, but generally speaking sweeping negative remarks tend to be inaccurate.

32. desmasic

desmasic

this motojt love to spread lies flame, looks like he is crying at his home turf spreading more lies:

http://www.torquepowered.com/community/forums/viewthread/112867

I never seen Unity Technology Staff furthering the debates,
    It's YOU who did it. Why don't you just stop behaving like a kid :?

Back in the days I still remember on GG forum if there is a thread that bring Torque in disadvantage, that thread will disappear without any notice.

I used to have a bookmark on a certain thread, you can still access it if you have a direct link to the thread, but that thread is not viewable on the forum (and also won't appear on the search), what a politic.

In here at least Unity staff let the thread live.

33. codinghero

codinghero

Just because YOU don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. I cited examples.

34. Tysoe

Tysoe

Appart from multiplayer torque has been pretty poor. I spent years asking for simple features like more than 1 UV, poly soup collisions etc.

One day one of their developers talked to me in private and we collaborated on a B3D loader with coldet collisions and multiple UV's and it worked much better than he expected.

A year or so after he left he wrote in his blog about how almost all the advancements in torque stemmed from experimenting with that B3D loader complete with material system and the coldet collisions. Ended up being the foundations he built the atlas terrain system on, and the new poly collision.

When I was using Torque with shaders trying to give it yet another chance, it was still littered with voodoo code in the source from the mid 90's. The art pipeline was completely archaic, and after all those years it still only supported 1 UV channel, even in the shader engine.

Garage games hyped that thing like it was the dogs bollocks when any experienced developer knew to stay well away from it. In 10 years it only produced a handful of indie games. Where other tools like Blitz3D launched 170+ and even had the Developer in charge of UnrealED using it for his own Indie games.

I sincerely hope that Torque has moved on and T3D is a complete rewrite done properly. When I was collaborating on the B3D loader there was a ton of politics going on behind the scenes amongst the devs. And some company wide policy on how to address complaints on the forums which often ended up with bullying.

Things did improve when some of the founders took a back seat and let new blood take over the company. I hope this is what lead to T3D and perhaps it's finally the product everyone has been asking for these past 10 years.

My choices outside of unity would be Ogre, TV3D combined with Blitzmax. Possibly Leadwerks if it supported a broader range of hardware.

35. codinghero

codinghero

The thing that pushed me away from Torque was the substandard docs. Lord those were abysmal. Updates also stagnated for a pretty long time. I still kept fairly current through the years as I was using it to prototype ideas. T3D looks really promising, but I'm in the middle of a UT project right now. After it's done I'll give it a fair look.

36. Quietus2

Quietus2

Hold on a minute. Were you not a page ago screaming at someone that they were intellectually deficient and a dishonest liar? :roll:

I wouldn't say torque was useless, the networking code was great.

However it certainly didn't live up to the marketing hype. Yeah you got the source, but working with it was akin to trying to unravel a guiness book of world records ball of knotted twine...with no documentation at all about where the end bit of string was.

I owned Torque and was an early adopter of the released-but-unfinished TGEA.

Besides the terribad documentation, the thing that drove me away from torque was the attitude the company had towards it's customers. Their idea of software maintenance was, "Yeah xxx is horribly broken. You have the source you fix it." Each release was an exercise in searching for three year old threads containing community bug fixes that never made it into the product.

Any thread brought up on such topics ended up in company employees literally flaming their customers and then promptly locking the thread. It was insane.

Unity has had some growing pains, but higgy admits there are issues and promised to address them. That's far different than my experience over there. The only individual they hired which had a customer oriented attitude was David Montgomery Blake, who came around late in the game.

T3D might be a good product, at least the marketing pages suggest so. However they couldn't pay me to try it. I have no faith left in the company whatsoever.

37. codinghero

codinghero

Actually, no I never insulted him. He was the one lying about the competition and throwing insults. I called him a liar because he was lying. It only takes a little reading to get that right.

I'll admit I didn't read every thread on the GG forum, but I don't remember seeing any case of that. Can you point us to some thread links?

38. Quietus2

Quietus2

I must then have a lack of reading comprehension, or at least an extremely poor grasp of language. <cough>

Not really. I can't find anything on their forums any longer since they changed software and merged forums. The odds of me wasting my time searching for 3-6 year old threads are slim to none.

39. codinghero

codinghero

Could be. :D In all seriousness, if you read back you'll see that I was suggesting there may be a language barrier. It turned out I was correct and he admitted as much. On the other hand, one of his first posts to this thread belittled UDK users as lowly modders. His first insult directed at me specifically was name calling. I didn't take the reading comprehension jab until much later.

As for accusing the staff of directly flaming users, I can't say you're wrong, but I'd have to see some proof before I believed it. I'm sure you'd feel the same if I said the same about the UT staff.

40. Dreamora

Dreamora

on the GG community they actually removed any blogpost on UDK happening for free. I had about the first of them (though mine had a different topic: about how great 2009 was for free developers with stuff dropping in price and going free and what this means for indie - low budget game devs in general) and got a mail that they give me 1 hour to transfer the content to a thred as the topic is not really own dev news but discussion, which was very welcome. Most others would just have killed it.

My request to integrate more clear guidelines to what is meant to be blogged about to prevent such confussions have been introduced pretty shortly later so nothing bad to say from my end :)
    I understand that they don't want their blog beeing flodded with non-torque dev related stuff as thats not why they are offering it.

thanks to socialite I know that at least another 9 blog posts on the matter existed, likely even more.

41. Quietus2

Quietus2

I seem to remember my first looking at Unity due to a GG blog on how quick and easy it was for Blikstad to develop "balls of steel.'

http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/14429

Yeah the blog is still there. I think you'll see an instant correlation between the blog date and my register date here.

42. tatoforever

tatoforever

Lying about what?
    Sorry but you first call me TATA, that's an insult.
    Then trying to convince others that UDK is easier than Unity... How can we call that, exaggeration?
    Then, I saw your others posts about Unity on the GG forums... That's actually real lies. I have nothing to say but i suggest you to stop it, you wont get any further acting like that, i mean what people should think about you now? In my last post i offered you to make peace and you still telling others that I'm lying! You are the only liar and even worse, you are lying to yourself! Please, give yourself some respect, so others could respect you as well!
    Tank you and have a nice day.

43. tatoforever

tatoforever

Again, you call me first TATA, then i call you motojitits. Do i hurt you that much? Dont think so.
    I just respond to your first insult. Anyways, I'll let others see by their own, my posts. Btw, UDK still build on top of the light version of Unreal Tournament. Is like GoW and UnrealED + the ability to build a windows exe.
    Is not an insult, i never call the UDK community modders, what i say, is that UDK is for modders.
    Btw, is there any problem if i think that UDK is a crap? Do i insult any community or developer? Is that a lie? Of course not, is just my personal opinion, so if you think that UDK is the way to go, i already told you, go ahead and stick with it.

44. codinghero

codinghero

Dude, that was a typo. You got so riled up by it that I kept rolling because I found it humorous. :D

I never did. I said it was subjective then invited you to look up the meaning of the word. The fact that you're still claiming I say anything is easier than anything else is more proof that you're a liar.

The problem is that first you called it crap. Then a few pages later you said that you never called it crap. Make up your mind.

The really bizarre thing about you, tata, is there's another thread (here) that started two days after this one. You posted on Nov 6 that UDK is not a modder tool, that it's more powerful than Unity, and that you have dll access just as in Unity Pro. Yet two days later on Nov 8 you embark on your path of self-contradiction. Two days, really?

November 6, 2009:
    November 8, 2009 on:
    Baffling.

45. tatoforever

tatoforever

November 6 message: Yes, i actually though it was UE3 for indies with indie license. Wow i was happy, being an unreal user in the past...
    November 8 message: It turns out that is just the UnrealED build up on top of a light version of UnrealTournament. I changed my mind regarding UDK.
    My final thoughts about UDK is that is a crap and useless, my november 8 messages confirm it. It there any problem with that?
    You are trying to find similar talking S***s as you did with Unity community/devs (and other engines) but you cant and you wont find it. :D
    Please dont make me find you on other forums and post other similar S***s that you talk about others community or staff dev. Just, stop it, before is too late. :)

46. codinghero

codinghero

@tata, you claim to have a wealth of knowledge of UDK. Yet two days after you praised it as something Unity Tech should fear you do a complete 180 on nearly every point. It appears that after a two day trial you were so bewildered by its work-flow that you threw up your hands. Two days is not a wealth of knowledge.

As for others talking trash about UT's competitors, just search the forums because it's not that hard. I already cited some in my post on GG, and I'm not going to do you any favors.

And since you apparently can't grasp the concept of SUBJECTIVE here's a quick list of things that are easier to do in UDK.
    • - truly amazing visuals
      - having shadows
      - realistic lighting
      - cinematics
      - anything terrain related
      - networking
      - artificial intelligence
      - distributed computing
      - destructible environments
      - edit trees and foliage
      - animation rigging
      - soft body physics
      - fluid dynamics

47. tatoforever

tatoforever

With my past experience with Unreal technology i don't need to spend months learning whats new and whats different. Sure, at first i was pretty exited about UDK. Epic claiming that it would be different, with pretty affordable licenses. I have UDK since day one and it took me few days to make my own conclusions about UDK. Is like someone used to work with past Unity products, when version 3 will came out, they wont need to spends months to realize whats new or different or if it worth the upgrade from past versions, only days, even less...
    I don't understand what are you trying to achieve. Complete nonsense what you are saying.

48. codinghero

codinghero

If you read what I write you should be able to understand. I'm not writing in code or anything...

49. tatoforever

tatoforever

???
    Please, give me a favor, don't reply to my messages anymore, is that hard to understand? I just don't want to maintain any kind of discussion with you. Got it?
    Tanks and have a nice day.

50. codinghero

codinghero

Do me a favor. Read before you ask questions with obvious answers. Oh, and cease and desist all misrepresentations of commercial products.