Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Tiny only going to support web-based or mobile-based platforms?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by foxnne, Dec 15, 2018.

1. foxnne

foxnne

I've been trying to learn ECS for a while and just came across Tiny, I didnt realize it existed. I know ECS is young, but just looking at what Tiny offers, it looks like it's not only great for what's described in the manual (ad based or instant load games) but also basically just simple 2D games in general.

As someone not very interested in developing 3D games, is Tiny at all supposed to sort of take over the 2D frontier of ECS with Unity? (ie support all platforms including windows)

Either way, I hope the work done here is available for 2D projects using ECS in the future. It seems already what is available (just looking at the manual) that 2D ECS projects have some great and important features.

2. MBest_Unity

MBest_Unity

Administrator

Tiny is part of our larger DOTS effort (Data Oriented Tech Stack). Tiny is designed to be deployed to many different platforms. We are starting with HTML5. Project Tiny is focused on making sure that DOTS can address the very small uses cases and part of that will be 2D and how we can bring our tools over. Right now, our preview of Tiny Mode is a first step in that direction.

foxnne likes this.
  3. foxnne

foxnne

Thank you for the explanation! Great work, keep it up! The samples are fantastic!