Search Unity

Is this the first Unity MMO?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rupert, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Rupert

Rupert

So I was at the store today looking at computer games, and I found a Jumpstart educational game called "3D virtual world". It had a cool holographic cover. I looked on the back and was very surprised to see the Unity logo.
    I didn't think there were any Unity MMO's yet. I played what seems to be a demo on the company's site, and I'm not sure if it's really even an MMO.
    I'd never heard of this game before, but it seems like a pretty cool thing for Unity, Jumpstart seems to be practically the EA of educational titles.

Heres the link to the demo:
    http://www.jumpstart.com/UnityInstall.aspx

2. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

I don't think its an MMO, just a virtual 3D world..no multiplayer involved.

It looks polished very well though and nice to know this is in the shop :O

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It does look quite nice, although, it might be kind of bad that a product focussing on education contains several obvious grammatical mistakes....

--Eric

4. tsphillips

tsphillips

Bamboo Bunch was probably the first Unity MMO. (Educational for young kids.) We keep slogging away on a shoestring budget, but we continually make progress. (Quest system now online, quiz system almost ready, etc.)

http://bamboobunch.com

Pretty soon we'll be completely drowned out by news from Cartoon Network and Funcom, but we'll hang in there. :wink:

5. cherub

cherub

OMG.....this brings back memmories.

I used to work at the studio in CT that made all these Jumpstart games.

Yikes!

~C