Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this possible in IOS [as in android] ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by vahi2008, Jan 22, 2013.

1. vahi2008

vahi2008

Hello,

First of all, Thank you for your time.

In android i create an apk and mail it to my brother to test on his android pad.
    Similarly i have exported a test project on IOS and the folder has many files, how do i make it an installable for IPAD and mail to my friend to download,install and test on his ipad ??

2. laserlars

laserlars

You could check out Testflight

3. shaderop

shaderop

Unfortunately you can't email the iOS version of your app as you would do with the Android version. You have to first add your brother's device to a provisioning profile, sign your build with that, and then send it to you brother. Here's an overview of the steps involved in the official Unity docs.

Once you have that sorted out, you might want to look into using Test Flight to ease the process of distributing future test builds.

Good luck!

4. vahi2008

vahi2008

My requirement is, i am making an Architectural Visualization for my client and client wants to give the app to his clients but doesnt want to upload to app store, what option do i have ??

5. shaderop

shaderop

Your client (not you) needs to apply for the iOS Enterprise Developer Program. They'll need to have a DUNS number and I think they have to go some sort of verification process. That is the only way to distribute the app without the Apple App store and without violating the license agreement. Even then I think this is meant for apps used in-house by a single organization, and not for limitless distribution to third parties.

tl;dr: There isn't a practical, legal way to do what you want to do. At least none that I know of.

6. vahi2008

vahi2008

Question 1:: Can i install .app or .ipa in ipad ??

Question 2:: Can i export my xcode project as .app or .ipa ?

My requirement is just for testing, i am not getting into legal or ill-legal process

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. shaderop

shaderop

Both of your questions are answered in the links in my first reply, and it was you who brought up your client's requirements for distributing the app, not me. So there's no need for the snippy attitude.

8. vahi2008

vahi2008

no attitude my friend, my english is so...

sorry for bad english, if its smelling bad ;)

9. shaderop

shaderop

That's alright. No bad blood here. Carry on :)