Search Unity

Is this a bug with UI?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by mrm83, Jul 7, 2015.

1. mrm83

mrm83

So I am creating UI with UGUI and the insane amount of draw calls puzzles me.

I did a little test and it seems to me that this is a bug? Can someone confirm?

The images/text used in both scenarios are the same. Using unity 5.1..

Test1:
    canvas
    - img
    - img
    - img
    - img
    - text
    - text
    - text
    - text
    = 3 draw calls

Test2:
    canvas
    -img
    --img
    ---text
    -img
    --img
    ---text
    = 5 draw calls

Attached Files:

2. nixius

nixius

3. mrm83

mrm83

i am using 5.1.1f1

i guess its related

4. nixius

nixius

If it sounds like it could be related, it might be worth installing the latest Unity to a separate folder, backing up your project and loading it in 5.1.1p3 and see if it fixes the issue - you could also try reading the patch notes from 1f1 onwards to see if it sounds like the bug has been fixed.

5. mrm83

mrm83

the thing is it says i already have the latest version.. and i don't see 1f1 in the patch notes..

I updated unity like 4 days ago..

6. iivo_k

iivo_k

You were given a link to the page from where you can download the patch releases.

7. nixius

nixius

For patch releases I don't believe unity will always update through the software as you may be used to.

You may have to do it manually via the link I sent before (check it out). By default when installing I think it will try and overwrite your existing installation; I have been installing to new folders with the patch name in case I need/want to try things on different versions (i.e. a folder for Unity 5.0, 5.1, 5.1.1p1 etc).