Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there somewhere to get the Tiny Package?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JamesArndt, Dec 6, 2018.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Just installed the 2018.3 beta, open up Package Manager to install this and it’s indefinitely stuck at “Loading Packages”. I am not able to load the experimental packages because it never loads them. No errors, just infinite loading. Is there somewhere I can download and import this package manually?

2. etienne_unity

etienne_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi JamesArndt,

This is unexpected. What you can try is this: close Unity, and manually edit the
    Packages/manifest.json
    file of your project to include:
    "com.unity.tiny": "0.13.2-preview"
    in the
    "dependencies"
    section. Open Unity again, and Package Manager should pick up the change and install the package.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    -Etienne.

JamesArndt likes this.
  3. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

JamesArndt likes this.
  4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@etienne_unity @Charles_Beauchemin - Oh my goodness. So I created a new blank project and opened up the Package Manager and it now instantly loaded all packages and the experimental. The only differences were, the first project was created on my Desktop immediately after the install (without reboot). This second one I just tested I created the project on another hard drive and it was after my machine was rebooted. I can't offer any more insight into why it now works, but that is a breakdown of the difference in my opening each project. Hopefully, it's helpful in some way. Thank you for the immediate help on this. I am VERY much looking forward to using this. I work as a web developer for NASA in their STEM Engagement effort and we are starting to use Unity for kid's web games. They have to work on mobile as well and I'm really struggling getting good load times on mobile devices with the current WebGL exports.

5. etienne_unity

etienne_unity

Unity Technologies

We'll forward this information to the Package Manager team - I'm glad you got it to work!

JamesArndt likes this.
  6. jackesdavid

jackesdavid

HI All, is project tiny working on LInux Editor?

Thanks in advanced

7. abeisgreat

abeisgreat

It doesn't work in Linux, but team members said on another thread that it is it planned before non-preview release.

FROS7 likes this.
  8. czcrowzero

czcrowzero

I gave up on this. I've tried all the fixes above but nothing works. I even upgraded my OS to windows 10 but still the same. Can't install Tiny Mode, it just loads forever. Can install the other preview packages though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. morybest

morybest

hi guys. anyone solve this ?
    i still have this problem and have not access to package manager . in 2018 and 2019 both i have error on loading package manager. what should i do ?

Attached Files:

• 0011.png
      0011.png
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am using version 2019.1.4f1 as of now. To get hold of the latest Tiny mode package (preview) go to Window > Package Manager. In the same window open the Advanced options and select the option for Show Preview Packages. Now the Tiny Mode package will appear in search results.

11. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

Please read the "Project Tiny C# Preview Available" post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/project-tiny-c-preview-available.688969/

The package is now called "Project Tiny" and requires 2019.2.0b3 or above.

12. r_unity638

r_unity638

@JC-Cimetiere I can't see project tiny in packages. I am using un its version 2019.3.0b4 and 2019.2.5

eterlan likes this.