Search Unity

Is there no way to create sprite atlas with an editor script and add sprites to said atlas?

Discussion in '2D' started by JustAKgiDev, Jul 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

Basically what the thread name says. Does this really need to be done manually?

2. raarc

raarc

you must be doing something wrong, it takes 3 clicks to make a sprite atlas

3. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

I need over 1000 atlases for > 100k sprites. Nice condescending tone though. You're welcome to do it all manually for me if you'd like.

robochase likes this.
  4. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

I'm not aware of such a process. SpriteAtlas would be much better if they opened it up so that they could be created at both editor-time and runtime via script. Also if you have 100k sprites unless they are all very small or you load carefully that sounds like it could be a problem. I don't know your situation but it might be wise to look into whether you could use shaders to reduce your texture requirements? For example if there are a bunch of color variants perhaps a shader could be used to produce those variants rather than separate textures.

5. raarc

raarc

like i said you are unaware of the basic features of sprite atlas, lucky for you there is something called pagination which already does that automatically

6. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

Does not solve my problem, but thankfully I was able to find a solution on my own. Go step off, you're not impressing anyone. Put on ignore btw.

7. raarc

raarc

sensitive guy, hit a sore spot eh? fair enough

8. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

Nah, I just think it's sad seeing people with unwarranted egos (But it was funny watching it blow up in your face) Gotta make sure you know your place little man. Good day ;)

9. raarc

raarc

didn't you have me on ignore xd? its fine, you will learn about these simple things in time, no need to throw a fit just because you don't know something. stay salty my friend

10. robochase

robochase

vitriol aside, do you remember how you solved this?

11. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Necroposting aside, here is how to...

How to report your problem productively in the Unity3D forums:

http://plbm.com/?p=220

This is the bare minimum of information to report:

- what you want
    - what you tried
    - what you expected to happen
    - what actually happened, log output, variable values, and especially any errors you see
    - links to actual Unity3D documentation you used to cross-check your work (CRITICAL!!!)

It would be useful if you said "I looked at this Editor classes related to Sprite Atlases and tried these things but I am getting this error."

The purpose of YOU providing links is to make our job easier, while simultaneously showing us that you actually put effort into the process. If you haven't put effort into finding the documentation, why should we bother putting effort into replying?

If you post a code snippet, ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS:

How to use code tags: https://forum.unity.com/threads/using-code-tags-properly.143875/

- Do not TALK about code without posting it.
    - Do NOT post unformatted code.
    - Do NOT retype code. Use copy/paste properly using code tags.
    - Do NOT post screenshots of code.
    - Do NOT post photographs of code.
    - Do NOT attach entire scripts to your post.
    - ONLY post the relevant code, and then refer to it in your discussion.

Please don't necro-post. If you have a new question, make a new post. It's FREE!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.