Search Unity

Is there any way to change the site language permanently?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by FPires, May 4, 2017.

1. FPires

FPires

Every time I have to visit the site I'm presented with a page in Portuguese by default. And since I'm always keeping a secondary up-to-date Unity installation to check the news, this happens very often. The enforced language setting is pointless because the actual patch notes aren't translated, and even even if they were I'd prefer to read the resources in plain English since that's the language in which most of the Unity content is written. On top of that the pages are written in European Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese, filled with terms I'm not familiar. Needless to say I am not exactly happy with being IP-locked to a language.

So I change the language to English and the cookies stick for a day or two before reverting to Portuguese. This is the only site wherein this happens - I don't have this issue with any other site with a language option.

It's profoundly annoying. I'm using the latest version of Chrome. This has been going on for a year or so.

CodeSmile and Arendant like this.
  2. luiks

luiks

I have the same issue, did you find any solution?? my page is in German!?

3. Syfied

Syfied

At the bottom right of the webpage, there should be drop down selector for the language. Hope that helps @Lukis.

4. Curse-Ka

Curse-Ka

Thank goodness this thread exists. Mine was in KOREAN! I was so lost

5. trsell

trsell

I live in Singapore and no matter how often I change the site to English, the next day I come back and it defaults to Chinese again.

CodeSmile likes this.
  6. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Super-annoying!

A work around I found is to install ModHeader extension and enter these settings (pic + text for copy/paste):

Accept-Language
    en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.6

upload_2021-11-6_11-12-26.png

This forces all sites to english.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    danielpanfw likes this.
  7. danielpanfw

danielpanfw

I tried and this works super well. Thank you!!!!

8. incompreneur

incompreneur

It's possible that the Unity website is using cookies to remember your language preference, but for some reason, the cookies are not sticking. One thing you could try is to clear your browser's cookies and cache and then set the language preference to English again. If the problem persists, you could try using a different browser or contacting Unity's customer support to see if they can assist you.

It's also worth noting that some websites may use your IP address to determine your location and language preference. If you're accessing the website from a different location than usual, this could be why the language preference is reverting to Portuguese. In this case, you could try using a VPN to access the website from your usual location and see if that helps.

9. Ryiah

Ryiah