Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to change the site language permanently?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by FPires, May 4, 2017.

1. FPires

FPires

Every time I have to visit the site I'm presented with a page in Portuguese by default. And since I'm always keeping a secondary up-to-date Unity installation to check the news, this happens very often. The enforced language setting is pointless because the actual patch notes aren't translated, and even even if they were I'd prefer to read the resources in plain English since that's the language in which most of the Unity content is written. On top of that the pages are written in European Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese, filled with terms I'm not familiar. Needless to say I am not exactly happy with being IP-locked to a language.

So I change the language to English and the cookies stick for a day or two before reverting to Portuguese. This is the only site wherein this happens - I don't have this issue with any other site with a language option.

It's profoundly annoying. I'm using the latest version of Chrome. This has been going on for a year or so.

Arendant likes this.
  2. luiks

luiks

I have the same issue, did you find any solution?? my page is in German!?

3. Syfied

Syfied

At the bottom right of the webpage, there should be drop down selector for the language. Hope that helps @Lukis.

4. Curse-Ka

Curse-Ka

Thank goodness this thread exists. Mine was in KOREAN! I was so lost

unityunity