Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there and more information on the pure ECS third person shooter from 2019 keynote?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by alexchesser, Sep 28, 2019.

1. alexchesser

alexchesser

Hi @Lucas-Meijer I was wondering if you could tell us any more about when we might expect to be able to look at the code samples from the third person shooter you and the team were showing off during the keynote?

Does “soon” but us on the order of weeks, months or seasons?

More importantly than an exact release date, which I imagine you might not actually be able to give, is there something that we can sign up to in order to get a notification on the day it actually does go live?

Maybe there’s an empty github repo we can watch so we see the code the day it gets pushed in? An email list where samples, tutorials and learning materials show up via weekly newsletter? A particular thread on this forum we can “watch” to get email updates?

It’s really exciting and I’m following eagerly. Can’t wait to see those incredibly verbose local variable names in the sample code.

Seb-1814 likes this.
  2. alexchesser

alexchesser

LOL... I swear to god I didn’t plan this but at least this came out yesterday. Though there’s no real substitute for the actual code, this is (probably pretty good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-FoJuaYOI

3. Ruberta

Ruberta