Search Unity

Is there an issue with the Sprite Editor in Unity 5 and setting pivot points?

Discussion in '2D' started by Jananton, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Jananton

Jananton

I wonder if this is a bug, but for some reason I can't enter a search in the issue tracker so I'll ask it here.
    When I change the pivot point(s) of sprites in a multiple sprite sheet the Sprite Editor shows the changed pivot locations I've made, but after applying the pivot point(s) still show in the center in the Unity 5 Editor and still rotate around that center point.

Anyone else noticed this?

Greets,

Jan

2. PGJ

PGJ

Have you changed from Center to Pivot for the rotation tool?

3. Jananton

Jananton

Well, in retrospect I think the Unity editor had developed an error at some point. I had to import some sprite sheets, tiling them up and things like that and then I noticed that in scene view the pivot point was still shown in the default center of a sprite I had altered. The settings were pivot and world btw, at least I presume you mean the two buttons at approx. mid top in the Unity editor.

Not long after I posted the above I had to place an empty game object and noticed resetting it to 0,0,0 didn't place it at the center of the scene whatever I tried. So I saved all, closed Unity and then started the project up again. After that all worked as expected, so I expect a subtle bug somewhere, but where is the question. ;-)

Greets,

Jan