Search Unity

Is there an example for 2018.2 yet?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by dreamlarp, Aug 17, 2018.

1. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

With the legacy multiplayer now gone do we have an example for a peer to peer with the new 2018.2 yet?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Not sure what you mean, because the legacy multiplayer removed is the one that was deprecated years ago. There's no new networking API in 2018.2. The included API is the same Unet that was added around 2015 and now recently deprecated, of which there are plenty of examples around. The new networking solution is supposed to be available around the end of the year or so, around the time Unet is removed.

As far as peer to peer, they have stated their focus is to specifically move away from peer to peer in favor of dedicated servers.

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I started using the MMOKIT and extended it. The new massages I get since 2018.2 is that legacy has been removed.
    So they are completely getting rid of peer to peer? Dedicated servers will not work for my game model.

4. asperatology

asperatology

I think later down the road, you will be using different networking packages depending on your need. So, you may be using a P2P package once Unity rolls that package out in the future.