Search Unity

Is there an actual collaboration section for actually collaborating?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by SoundStormLabs, Jun 20, 2018.

1. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

Most platforms media platforms I've ever visited, especially for games, have an easily accessible section dedicated for people posting ideas to assemble teams. Thinking the Unity platform also had this, I saw a "Unity Collaborate" section, but it turns out that's not actually for connecting developers/artists/coders, but rather it's just a vastly less exciting section to grumble about a feature of Unity that lets you share data and files.
    So where do people actually go to start a collab with Unity? I thought maybe Unity Connect would have something to do with that, but all it does is bring me to this section to post a thread asking about connecting with Unity developers instead of taking me to what I expected to what I expected to be a place to collaborate.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

3. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

4. Rich_A

Rich_A

5. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

6. Rich_A

Rich_A

You should look at those links in more detail, they service both commercial and non-commercial collaboration.

You would be posting a [FREE] or [REVSHARE] post.

7. SoundStormLabs

SoundStormLabs

Generally when I see "free" jobs, that means someone is doing it purely to gain reputation with no other benefit, which I see a lot in the art world. But its revshare capabilities are good to know, though it's troubling that there's still only 3 posts after all that time.

8. roger0

roger0

I get lost trying to find a "collaboration forum" section on Unity connect. Where do people post their projects and ask for help like in the original collaboration forum?

Also it seems like they removed the paid forum section also : (

9. Rich_A

Rich_A

Its basically a big chat room now. I would recommend using reddit.com/r/gamedevclassifieds and gamejobforum.com