Search Unity

Question Is there actualy a FREE analitics?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by peacemakers1980, Sep 20, 2022.

1. peacemakers1980

peacemakers1980

So it says I can use Analitics free upto a point, great, then wants my credit card info, not so great.
    Unity has a tendency to surprise people, as do most companies today, and I cant afford surprises.
    The site says its free so how can I tell it to USE the free limits and then STOP IE I dont get a unity notice saying ya we charged you 70k again our of the blue cause you exceded your free limit. Like they did with the other group I work with on its cloud services from Unity where all good and glory then got a surprise your over limit here the bill for 47k no refunds no support no phone calls or email support you get the bill your pay the bill enjoy.

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and concerns on Analytics free tier and payment options.

Firstly, to address your primary concern about unexpected charges and up-front payment detail registration. You are quite right, you do currenly have to register your credit card payment method in advance. This is someting we are looking at and hope to be able to make improvements to let you use Analytics within the free teir in advance of payment method registration. We will share more information on this in the forums when we can.

In the meantime, the "Cost Usage and Reporting" page in your Dashboard shows your usage and any costs. It can be filtered by individual projects or date ranges and can be used to check if you are approaching the free teir limit. If you do have concerns you can always disable Analytics from the Analytics Settings dashboard.

We are also looking at further workflow improvements to give you more visibility and control.

I hope that helps alleviate some of your concerns.