Search Unity

Question Is there a way to test AR directly on mobile without build and run each time?

Discussion in 'AR' started by probitaille, May 13, 2022.

1. probitaille

probitaille

I takes around 2 minutes to build and install my project on my mobile. This slow a lot my developing cycle to test my AR app.

I normally use Unity Remote for mobile apps but it doesn't detect my camera for AR.

Is there another way to improve my workflow?

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I developed the AR Foundation Remote plugin that can help you with exactly that :)
    It's like Unity Remote but with AR Foundation support.

3. philc_unity

philc_unity

We have a Mobile AR Remoting solution in development but do not have a timetable or feature list that we are ready to announce. Sit tight!

In the meantime, while we cannot endorse the AR Foundation Remote on the Asset Store by Kirill, as we have not independently verified it, we know that many users are finding that it meets their needs as a worthy AR remoting solution for Unity. Certainly check it out to see if it fits your needs.

Alternatively, we offer MARS as a solution to simulating the real world environment directly in the Unity Editor for AR applications, allowing you to iterate without having to deploy to device.

probitaille and KyryloKuzyk like this.
  4. Blarp

Blarp

I can 100% vouch for this. Amazing plugin, used the hell out of it and was extremely happy with results. Nothin better, dude is a hero

probitaille and KyryloKuzyk like this.