Search Unity

Is there a way to shape/mask the output of a decal projector?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by MostHated, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MostHated

MostHated

Hello all,
    I am using Substance generated textures in a projector decal and I am wanting to try and make the output of the decal projection a circle instead of the full shape of the square texture, then I wanted to animate the size of the projection over a few frames with Timeline.

I can't seem to find a good way to go about masking out a circle or anything. The animation of the projector was going to be part of a Timeline sequence that also involved the VFX Graph. If this can't be done with the projector itself (I want to use it so the projection conforms to the shape of the ground), is there perhaps a way to do it in the VFX Graph that might yield a similar result?

Thanks,
    -MH

Maskeowl likes this.
  2. Maskeowl

Maskeowl

did u find a solotion?

3. MostHated

MostHated

I wish I could tell you, but I honestly do not remember. It was some time ago, and it was mostly just a 'playing around' project to try out some new things I had not done before and I don't think I even kept that project around when I did pc house cleaning. I will have to check my server and see if I stored it there.

Maskeowl likes this.
  4. Maskeowl

Maskeowl

thank you king if you cant its ok