Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Is there a way to send a recorded face capture to a animated character in play mode?

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by alheck123, Mar 3, 2023.

1. alheck123

alheck123

I was able to correctly capture and record a simple idle face animation using the ARKit Face Actor.

ApplicationFrameHost_tMkYHS6C4Q.png

From there, I went to the animator on the character, created a new layer with an avatar that solo's the head.

Unity_0fcPeeMb9G.png Unity_sCuBrkwSI6.png

In playback, the face does not animate even though the body does.

Unity_MTKgJUYX2T.png

That makes sense because on my main character's animator, the only values available are the look around animation, not the face capture animation. By duplicating the animation, I can then pull the face actor values but they are at 0.

mi8esUbR1g.png

Here's the question - Is there an easy way to pipe in that animation data to these individual AR Kit values or do I have to manually connect them or copy/paste the float values? I wasn't sure if there was a pre-built system for this for game playback usage?

2. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies