Search Unity

Is there a way to quickly copy all of the transitions from one state to another?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by helpmeplsty, Jan 24, 2022.

1. helpmeplsty

helpmeplsty

I have an animation controller with a lot of animations in it, most of which transition to each other. I've set up all of the transitions in one state, and now I'm seeing its pretty tedious to have to do it all over again for the next state and then for the rest as well. Instead of clicking from state to state to create a new transition and then copy and pasting the settings over for that transition and repeating for every transition out of that state, I was wondering if there is a way to just copy all of the transitions from one state to another at once. For example if I have one state with 80 transitions and another with 0 I want to instantly copy all 80 to the one with 0. I can't just use transition from any state because I need to adjust the blends depending on the source animation.

2. unity_2cdeity

unity_2cdeity

Does this mean you want to duplicate a controller? Like going to the file manager and pasting the same one and getting a duplicate and making sperate controller with slightly different settings?

3. helpmeplsty

helpmeplsty

https://imgur.com/a/FfoLhRm

So for example I have the first animation that has multiple transitions and the second one that has none. I want to copy and paste all of the transitions from that first animation onto the second one, so the second one has the same transitions.

This is just an example. I have over 100 animations I need to do this for, so over 100 transitions per animation. That gets tedious and time consuming so I'm looking to see if there is a shortcut.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022