Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to play an animation but prevent director touching position?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by frosted, May 31, 2022.

1. frosted

frosted

I just need the playable director to play/crossfade the clips. Any modification of the position by the playable director is undesirable as long as it calls "OnAnimatorMove" after evaluating the frame.

Is there any way to accomplish this? I need to dynamically move the bound actor and I can't get any of the position changes to reliably stick. During playback in editor, my position writes seem to apply like 4/5 of the time, but will occasionally be overwritten by the director.

unityunity