Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a way to "force" shaders to update when CGINC files are updated?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by antislash, Jun 25, 2015.

1. antislash

antislash

hello,
    i think lots of people had this problem.
    when you make changes to a cginc file the shaders are not updated unless you make a change to it.
    that is veru annoying when you have tens of shaders to update.

did someone find a workaround for this?
    thanks

2. Plutoman

Plutoman

Anytime I update a cginc file, it automatically recompiles every shader in the folder. That's actually somewhat annoying, too, but probably better. Are they using CGINC's in the same folder?

If they are, I'm not sure, I have not set anything in particular. It's Unity 5.1.

3. antislash

antislash

yep ech time i change cginc it "recompiles" or checks every shader but it doesn't updatethem unless i change a bit in them

4. spraycanmansam

spraycanmansam

I normally have anything that relies on an include separated in a folder that I can right click and reimport them all for convenience.

antislash likes this.
  5. antislash

antislash

6. Alex_curiscope

Alex_curiscope

5.5.0f3 is still doing this