Search Unity

Question Is there a way to download all my assets at once through the package manager?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by schmosef, Nov 26, 2021.

1. schmosef

schmosef

Hi All,

I just re-installed Windows on my PC and I forgot to backup my unity asset cache folder.

The old integrated Asset Store had a way to download all owned assets at once.

Is there a way to do the same with the Package Manager or do I have to scroll the list, select each package individually and click "download"?

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @schmosef,

An improvement was recently made to the Package Manager to allow multi-select/bulk operations. This is available in the latest 2022.1 alpha (introduced in 2022.1.0a14). Even though it's not available in older Editor releases, for your purpose you could use that alpha Editor version with a new, dummy project to bulk-download all your Asset Store Assets. You can do that by selecting all your Assets (Ctrl+A on Windows, Cmd+A on macOS) and clicking Download once, then when you go back to your regular Editor version and projects, you should be able to directly import the Assets you just bulk-downloaded without a download step.

atomicjoe and schmosef like this.
  3. schmosef

schmosef

Thank you. I will test it.