Search Unity

Is there a way to disable Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dreamback, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Dreamback

Dreamback

I find nothing more annoying than to start a giant project with many GB of graphical assets importing, then step away from the computer, come back after an hour, and find that it decided to stop importing a few minutes into it, so I "wouldn't have to wait" for the import to complete before fixing the errors. Because now I've wasted my time, I have to press the "no, I don't need Safe Mode" button and then do more waiting for my project to import. So is there a way to disable this behavior?

2. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

From the docs on Safe Mode (2020.2 onwards):

3. Dreamback

Dreamback

Thanks - unfortunately, that would have the same problem I'm currently having, it would stop importing all my graphical assets. What I want is for it to keep importing everything it can until done, since the import process takes so long, rather than stopping in the middle for me to fix compile errors.

4. RocketFriday

RocketFriday

Yeah this is terribly annoying, I disabled the prompt and it still enters safe mode.
    Not only does it force to refresh the solution in vs as soon as unity loads but it also does once it exits safe mode.
    I have a long standing habit of leaving an error intentionally as it's one click from unity and I'm back where I left off.
    Let me dev how I want, who tf adds a feature without a setting to turn it off.

herk99 likes this.
  5. delebru

delebru

I've been silently annoyed by safe mode for a while now :( Disabling the checkbox setting only forces the editor to launch in safe mode but it doesn't disable safe mode... Ideally we could have a dropdown so we can select the better option for us.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  6. mgear

mgear

+1, hoping that this could be disabled somewhere..

or as a first aid,
    please allow "-ignoreCompilerErrors" argument outside batch mode also..

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  7. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

@Dreamback - did you ever log a bug for this? I cannot - Unity QA has become very bad at rejecting bugs for petty reasons, and I don't have a multi-GB project with errors in to force them to actually pay attention with. But if you've got one, you could submit the bug, at least get this incredibly badly designed 'feature' re-considered/removed.

(I've come to realise that it's really "UNsafe mode: created to prevent you doing any work or fixing any bugs, and instead wasting as much time as possible with no benefit".)

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  8. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

"Safe mode makes that easy!" - said nobody EVER