Search Unity

Question Is there a way to debug Unity with Jetbrains Fleet?

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by Aust_, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Aust_

Aust_

Recently, I've been using fleet a lot for non unity projects, and I love it. It's basically just a better version of VSCode. However, I haven't seen any way to debug unity with it, which is a shame as it's so powerful. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

2. vkrasnotsvetov

vkrasnotsvetov

JetBrains Employee

Hello!

It is not possible for now, unfortunately. Attach to process is still under development and will be available only in one of next iterations. The priority for "Attach to Process" is .net core support while Unity is using mono, but we will consider supporting Unity too.
    Also, we are going to bring some kind of support for Unity projects:
    - core part of resharper-unity plugin with code analysis/completion/find usages
    - possibility to choose Fleet as external editor

I have created a ticket for attaching to Unity, feel free to upvote and add useful information:
    https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/FL-18297

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Aust_ likes this.
  3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Try Rider, which is a better version of MS Visual Studio. ;)

Aust_ likes this.
  4. Aust_

Aust_

Thanks mate, I find fleet to be such a great IDE, and appreciate all the work being done on it to make it as good as it can be! :)

5. RyuuyaS

RyuuyaS

Hello, is there any update on this feature?

6. vkrasnotsvetov

vkrasnotsvetov

JetBrains Employee

Hello!
    We are planning to land attach to process feature for regular dotnet process in next update (1.22). Then we will take a look for attaching to Unity process.

Also short update to my original message:
    1. We have added possibility to choose Fleet as External Editor in Unity (do not forget to enable smart mode in Fleet)
    2. We have added Unity specific code analysis and navigation to Fleet too.

7. RyuuyaS

RyuuyaS

Hello, I have seen in the Youtrack that the feature is complete (already tested) but I don't see that feature in the 1.23 version. Is there any delay or some sort of problem?