Search Unity

Is there a way to create a HDRP project without the starter scene?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by magehuntz, May 10, 2021.

1. magehuntz

magehuntz

Title. I find it annoying having to delete the starter scenes and their assets from every HDRP project I create. I know we can create a 3D built-in project and update it to HDRP in-engine, but since there is the possibility of creating a HDRP project from the beggining, shouldn't we be able to opt out of that starter scene? Also, if there's already a way please tell me, I just couldn't find any that's all.

Thanks

2. Not officially.

Solution: apparently you are creating a ton of projects, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. Normally project creation is a rare event...
    Create one project, customize however you want, including packages you want. Delete what you don't need.

Now, exit Unity, create a zip file out of your project. You do not need the Library folder content EXCEPT for the PackageCache. When next time you want a new project, just unzip it into a folder and add it to the Hub.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. magehuntz

magehuntz

Thanks! That's indeed a very good workaround. It's a bummer there isn't a default option for that :(

I do create quite a few projects, but that's because I am still studying a lot of stuff, and I like to keep those studies organized. I know they want to showcase HDRP's power and strengths from the get-go, but the option to create an empty project with only the basic volumes and default HDRP settings would be nice.