Search Unity

Is there a way to convert Blender Game Engine logic bricks to a script?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SidedVirus, Sep 14, 2017.

?

Can Blender Game Engine logic bricks be converted to a C# or python script?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SidedVirus

SidedVirus

Hi everyone! I am a complete noob to Unity 3D and today is my first day. I previously started a game in the Blender Game Engine but it runs poorly and doesn't look very nice. I have been thinking about converting it to a next-gen platform like Unreal or Unity for quite some time now. My problem is that everything is done with logic bricks and I believe that Unity doesn't have an equivalent to this. I feel like it would be quite tedious to reprogram my entire game in C# for Unity especially because I can't code yet and the work is already done. Is there a way that I can somehow convert the logic bricks for Blender Game to a C# or Python script so that I can start working on my game in Unity? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have been wanting to use Unity for a long time!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

There are "logic bricks" products available for Unity. Look at Playmaker in the asset store... pretty slick.

As for converting, no, don't know of anything automagic that way.

3. fire7side

fire7side

Unity's thing is prefabs. You make them and then you can reuse them. You make public fields and you can adjust them for whatever they are used for. I would try to just get some coding tutorials before using playmaker as you are depending on them to update etc. They are pretty good, but the fewer dependencies you have the cleaner the code and the easier it is to debug when things go wrong.