Search Unity

Is there a URP-VR template as mentioned in the docs?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Claytonious, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

The URP docs say:

But I see no URP-VR template when creating a new project from Unity 2019.3.0f3, nor know of any way to change an existing project from one to the other.

Is this related to the ENABLE_VR symbol in some of the files inside of URP (such as this line https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...nes.universal/Runtime/ForwardRenderer.cs#L353 among others?) How do we turn that preprocessor symbol on for the URP package? (It seems to ignore player settings defines).

What else does the URP-VR template do differently than the "normal" one (if the URP-VR template actually exists).

Thanks!

2. Claytonious

Claytonious

Hmmm. Anyone find anything out about this?

3. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

hI this was removed, but will be coming back in a future release.

Claytonious likes this.
  4. N8W1nD

N8W1nD

Any news on this? I couldn't find it 3 years later :/

5. NewSokrates

NewSokrates

Meanwhile there is a VR-starter available (Unity version 2022.3.16f1 - LTS) - at least for Windows. When you create a new project from the "Unity Hub" (i.e. from the central tool) you may select "VR Core". This sets up a sample scene with some objects and all the necessary settings needed to connect a VR headset. You can directly "play" in that sample scene and you may use this scene (or at least the settings) as starting point for your project.

"VR Core" is based on the URP Render Pipeline.