Search Unity

Is there a smarter way to map these UVs?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by NEVER-SETTLE, Feb 3, 2019.

1. NEVER-SETTLE

NEVER-SETTLE

This is the original road with the texture applied to it:
    originalpng.png

This is what I managed to painstakingly do by:
    1) selecting 1 face at a time
    2) switching to Vertex Selection
    3) aligning each vertex with the square texture's corners
    4) repeat for each of the 6 faces (only on the top side, of course, I have the lower side too).
    final.png

So now let's imagine I have 4 x 60 faces instead of 6. Fun. So I imagine that I'm doing it wrong and that there's a better way to do this, that I didn't see in the tutorials.
    I clicked on all the buttons and haven't found the thing that I'm looking for which is:
    1) align one of the faces manually
    2) click the magic "Align all faces/vertexes with current" button which doesn't exist?

ProBuilder veterans, how would you do this in a smarter (faster) way than what I described in the 4 x [number of faces] steps above and achieve the desired result? I think I watched all the ProBuilder tutorials at this point and haven't seen this use case covered, yet I stumbled upon it in every project...

Regards,
    ProBuilder Beginner

Unity v2018.3.4f1
    ProBuilder v4.0.3 (latest as of now)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sorry, we don't have a method to handle this well...yet! It'd definitely on our radar, and I'm hoping to chat with Karl today and see about making an API example for a custom action to handle this! :)

NEVER-SETTLE likes this.
  3. NEVER-SETTLE

NEVER-SETTLE

Good to see that it's being considered! Well, I guess I'll go back to my manual work :rolleyes:. Good luck with the work on this feature!