Search Unity

Question Is there a shared ID for one MCSession?

Discussion in 'AR' started by skoteskote, Mar 2, 2021.

1. skoteskote

skoteskote

Hi, I wonder if there is some sort of shared sessionID for one MCSession/collaborative session, that will be identical for all users currently sharing one specific AR experience in the same place? I have unique sessionID's per device, but is there a way for me of knowing which shared session that user is in?

In my use case, the users need to communicate to a server to get specific content. I need to make sure to only send content to one user per shared MCSession, so I need some sort of identifier. Otherwise, I risk sending content to several users in one shared session.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there! So, MCSession is not part of the AR Foundation API. You'll want to look up documentation of Apple's MCSession framework.

skoteskote likes this.
  3. skoteskote

skoteskote

Thanks for the response! I dug into this and no there doesn't seem to be any shared ID for an ongoing MCSession. My solution to this, in case anyone would run into a similar issue, is to store a temporary list with all users sessionID's, and check the sessionID's each user finds through ARParticipantManager against this list to determine which shared AR session they're in.