Search Unity

Is there a Shader that is see-through, but not transparent?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Mr_Whiteflame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Mr_Whiteflame

Mr_Whiteflame

Hey there all! This is my first post so please excuse any silly questions. I've been using unity for quite a while, but I have ran into a weird issue. I am trying to make it so this space whale (I told you it was weird) looks like it is teleporting but they don't actually teleport. They just go into a cube where they are housed until the animation next plays. The issue is I am trying to make it so it looks like there is nothing there. I have tried a couple shaders and gotten semi-close, but nothing is exactly what I need. My essential need here is a shader that will mask anything inside of a cube object, but not have any physical appearance.

To make the issue more clear I have attached a photo of the current set-up. The semi-transparent cubes are the start and end of the animation. These cubes should be masking the appearance of the whale, but not the terrain behind it. I am sadly pretty much a total noob at shaders so I am hoping there is an easier solution than trying to create my own. Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer! And I am happy to clarify more as needed.

Attached Files:

• tele.PNG
      tele.PNG
      File size:
      812.9 KB
      Views:
  2. ferdinandsegers

ferdinandsegers

hi whiteflame
    i'm looking for the same thing. looking forward to the replays
    kindly
    fere