Search Unity

Question Is there a minimum requirement for Addressables on the running PC?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by ruiyl, Jun 2, 2020.

1. ruiyl

ruiyl

Hi,

Our game is on PC. We used Addressables to load some of its assets. However, some of the users report that the game was stuck. So, we looked into the problem. It turned out that the asset that would be loaded by the Addessables was not loaded.

However, I'm under the impression that the user's PC is old and has poor performance. It could slow the loading down or even prevent it.

So, I want to know whether there are any minimum requirements or dependencies (like installed program?) for the running PC that, if not met, would interfere with the loading badly.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Good question...let me circulate this with the team and update you.

3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Small update: Team doesn't think there should be a very high bar for Addressables, but they are discussing to make sure.

4. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

You should get error reporting in your app so you can see what the error is when they try to load.
    The hardware requirements should only rely on your specific app and how large your assets are (does that person's machine have enough RAM to load in the assets?). One other thing I can think of is internet speed, and if Addressables has any timeouts set on their internal network requests. Error reporting should tell you if that is the case.

5. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Afters speaking with the team, they don't think you'd have any problems if your PC isn't ancient.

6. ruiyl

ruiyl

Ok, thanks! I should be other issues then.