Search Unity

Is there a may to force Unity installation in Unity Hub?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mvujas, Jul 19, 2019.

1. mvujas

mvujas

So, I have really messed up disk organisation when I installed OS and the primary partition ran out of memory, but I have memory in another partition hidden in the primary. I'm trying to install Unity in the other partition which has plenty of free memory, but Hub is keep showing an error message that there is not enough memory, so I was wondering is there a way to disable the warning and force the installation?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You must choose where to install the editors. Open the Hub and press the cog on the top right, then choose where you want the editors to be installed.

3. mvujas

mvujas

I've already done that but it keeps on complaining, but I guess because I set path to the other partition to be "Primary partition:/other partition" the Hub checks how much memory is avalaible on the primary partition...

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah, it would be preferable that you choose a completely different, not partitioned, drive. :) The editors do not have to be installed on the same drive the Hub is installed.

5. As of now, Unity Hub downloads the installer on the TMP path. Whatever it is in your OS. (Usually the primary partition)
    They are working on a settings to change that but in the mean time your only options are
    - free up disk space on the primary to accommodate the download
    - redirect/change your temp-folder location