Search Unity

Is there a guideline to obtain a sharp text on mobile (as seen in the editor)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Jorhoto, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Jorhoto

Jorhoto

Hello,
    New to Unity I am testing my very first basic game on Android. However, I notice that while in the editor the text is perfect, once it is run on my Android, it gets blurry.

To be sure this is not an issue with my setup, I am testing the sample scenes coming with TextMesh pro and I find the same. The text is perfectly seen in the Unity's editor but once it run on my Android, text get blurry.

So is there any guideline on how to properly setup things in order to work properly on mobile.
    Thanks ;)

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Do you have an image of that text on the device?

What is the point size of the text?

You can play with the Sharpness settings in the Debug section of the material inspector.

3. Jorhoto

Jorhoto

Hello, I created a new project in order to test it all.

I'm using everything default, including your font and took two screenshot one on Unity Remote5 and another on the device with the apk installed.

I have to say I was doing my tests just on UnityRemote5 and it looks much better once installed (the apk) on the device.

Attached Files:

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

It looks like some type of compression on the Remote. I never use the remote and always test on the devices themselves.

Looking at the actual Android output, the text looks fine. You can do some additional tweaking with the sharpness property in the debug section of the material inspector.

Jorhoto likes this.
  5. Jorhoto

Jorhoto

I see, my goal is to achieve "crystal-clear" text on screen and easiest to read.

Thank you very much for the advice ;)