Search Unity

Is there a convenience method to check status of Holographic Remoting?

Discussion in 'VR' started by StephenHodgson-Valorem, Nov 13, 2017.

1. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

Hi,

I was looking though the `UnityEditorInternal.VR` namespace to check and see if there were simple ways to just check which type of `EmulationMode` was currently set, to do different things depending on the mode.

I know from decompiled sources that only the `HolographicEmulationWindow` holds the current `EmulationMode` but it would be nicer/simpler just to get the current status through a property of the `HolographicEmulation` class.

Thoughts?

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

I think you can use the internal enum HolographicStreamerConnectionState in namespace UnityEditorInternal.VR for this

3. rsmeenk

rsmeenk

Ok, thanks. HolographicStreamerConnectionState is not accessible, but emulationmode is and that will be of help too. @StephenHodgson-Valorem Working on a pull request.

4. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

Yeah HolographicStreamerConnectionState is not useful.

@rsmeenk , I was able to get the current emulation mode from the HolographicEmulationWindow, but if you don't have that window open in the editor, when you go to get it's value, it'll never return anything useful. Mostly why I'm proposing to expose _something_ about at least the status of the remoting mode.