Search Unity

Is there a cap on the number of ads a same user can watch?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by electro_unity, Jan 9, 2019.

1. electro_unity

electro_unity

Hi, I am implementing Unity Ads on my android game and I have this question. In the game, the player will receive chests while playing and he will need keys to open them. A key will be earned for watching an ad. So, I don't know if the system just take count x amount of ads per user/day (in which case, I would limit and balance the keys earned per day). In the contraire case, I would let him watch all the ads he want to earn as much keys he needs.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@electro_unity,

Yes, players are limited to 25 ads per day (on a rolling 24hr basis) per app. If the player exhausts their daily limit of 25 ads, they won't see any more ads until the next day. During development, it's recommended that you enable test mode to ensure you will always have test ads available.

The reason for the limit is to keep a balance of revenue vs. operational server costs; showing more than 25 ads per day per user is not likely bringing additional revenue for you as publisher.

3. electro_unity

electro_unity

Thanks for the answer. So as far as I understand Advertisement.IsReady() returns false if player have reached the limit, isn't it?

4. intrestingbanana1

intrestingbanana1

How can I Limit it to 25?

5. intrestingbanana1

intrestingbanana1

And is this why, it's Just showing Test ADS now

6. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

IsReady() is no longer supported in SDK 4.0+. You should use the OnUnityAdsAdLoaded() and OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad() callbacks to determine if there is a fill for the ads.

You can find more from the link below:
    https://docs.unity.com/ads/en/manual/ImplementingBasicAdsUnity

7. Unity_Andi

Unity_Andi

Unity Technologies

@intrestingbanana1

Firstly, the maximum number of ads per user per day is unlimited. Put your logic into your code if you wish to limit them.

Secondly, Unity allows developers to test their integration with ad networks by enabling test mode. When test mode is enabled, Unity shows only test ads to the developer, so they can ensure that everything is working as expected before going live with their app.
    1. Unity will show test ads when the test mode is enabled from the Unity dashboard. For more information, please follow here: https://docs.unity.com/ads/en/manual/TestingAdsIntegration

2. Unity will show test ads when the Unity Ads SDK is Initialized in test mode within the code
      attachment.png