Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a cap on the number of ads a same user can watch?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by electro_unity, Jan 9, 2019.

1. electro_unity

electro_unity

Hi, I am implementing Unity Ads on my android game and I have this question. In the game, the player will receive chests while playing and he will need keys to open them. A key will be earned for watching an ad. So, I don't know if the system just take count x amount of ads per user/day (in which case, I would limit and balance the keys earned per day). In the contraire case, I would let him watch all the ads he want to earn as much keys he needs.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@electro_unity,

Yes, players are limited to 25 ads per day (on a rolling 24hr basis) per app. If the player exhausts their daily limit of 25 ads, they won't see any more ads until the next day. During development, it's recommended that you enable test mode to ensure you will always have test ads available.

The reason for the limit is to keep a balance of revenue vs. operational server costs; showing more than 25 ads per day per user is not likely bringing additional revenue for you as publisher.

3. electro_unity

electro_unity

Thanks for the answer. So as far as I understand Advertisement.IsReady() returns false if player have reached the limit, isn't it?